Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bad noise in rear when putting in gear

manofsteel

I have a 1973 coupe that when I put it in gear (auto trans) I get a loud clunk and the car lurches. Pretty sure that it is not the universal joints. I hear it when I have the car jacked up and turn the wheel by hand. Is this something I can fix or better to leave it to a mechanic. Any fair and decent ones in lower Delaware? Also, while driving the car and I take a left turn (like a bend in road) the car wants to take off. Any ideas on that? Does not do it when going to the right. Something else I can do? Thanks

I have a 1973 coupe that when I put it in gear (auto trans) I get a loud clunk and the car lurches. Pretty sure that it is not the universal joints. I hear it when I have the car jacked up and turn the wheel by hand. Is this something I can fix or better to leave it to a mechanic. Any fair and decent ones in lower Delaware? Also, while driving the car and I take a left turn (like a bend in road) the car wants to take off. Any ideas on that? Does not do it when going to the right. Something else I can do? Thanks
I would have your trailing arm bearings checked out, also the bushings that are in the front of the arm for starters.:)

Might check the rubber bushing at the front of the differential.

Bad noise in ...................

Hey there manofsteel,

I am from Dover and I use Solloways in Smyrna for repairs I can't do myself. I have had a few repairs done, they are good, fast and their labor
rate is not all that bad.............considering............Their number is
302 653 1200 or 653 9834. You can ask for Dave, Tracy or Merri and
tell them that Mike Kane recommended them.

They also belong to the 1st State Corvette Club.

mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom