Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barn find, need help with Block numbers!!

LOL;LOL:boogie You think the car was black? MMmmmmm black with white coves and a red interior....:drool:

What a find........a two top, rust free frame, possible light front body damage, very possibly a fuel injection car when new......and maybe solid black (the stainless off sets black like WOW!!) AND ALL FOR $25, OOO CANIDIAN ??? What's the exchange today? .85 to $1? If so, it is somewhere around $21250 US.

That car at the Pomona Swap Meet in Southern California last Sunday would have been priced at $42500 .

Don't waste anymore time. Go buy it.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this but that number is B560.

B560= February 5, 1960. So the engine is a 519 block 283cu inch, with a "D" code already answered. It was cast at the Tonowanda, NY foundry on Feb 5, 1960. As previously stated, Corvette only used Flint, Michigan engines. This will work to get you from point A to point B...........but the NCRS / BLOOMINGTON :puke Judges won't like it.

The car is still a good buy.

VIN #7229 was made on Wednesday, April 12, 1961. So the original engine was probably dated somewhere around April 1- thru 3, with a casting of C250 ( Friday, March 25, 1960) Note that Flint engines had only the last digit for the year, where Tonowanda blocks had both numbers (0 VS. 60)

See if you can post engine pictures. Also look for the fuel injection air cleaner mounting screw holes on the driverside upper inner fender area. Look at the area where two bolts will mount above the air cleaner? They hold the filter to the inner fender and have a metal plate with threads bonded into the inner fender.

If the car was fuel injected when new, then the restored car will be worth that much more.

Thanks for all the info! I will post some engine pics soon. How do i tell if the car had a 275 or 315 hp 283?

The 315hp had a distributor-driven tach with a 6500-rpm redline, and the tach case was ink-stamped "Reads twice cable speed" on the top. The 275hp had a generator-driven tach with a 5300-rpm redline, and the case could have nothing stamped on it or could have "reads cable speed" stamped. Of course, the tach could have been changed. :) Fuelies also had the front exhaust crossover pipe, but so did the solid-lifter 270hp 2x4's.

The owner has decided to sell this car. So if anyone is interested ( serious people only please) pm me and i will provide a contact number.;)

Good barn find i think, 61 vert, 4 spd, fuelie. All fuel inj parts are long gone and i think the engine has been changed as well. Vin# 10867s107646 numbers on block are T0229D from what i can make out (low light conditions and hard to see).Any idea what the engine is from? I can get this for $25000 Canadian, what do you guys think? I have many pics if someone will post them for me because they are too big.

If you want to sell it let me know and I would be interested in it.

It's not my car, a friend of mine purchased it. PM me your phone # and i will pass it on to him...

Where is the car located in the great white north?

Tom M

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom