Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery disconnect switch?

jrnorton4

Corvette
1982 Crossfire Corvette
Hi again guys!
Put an 84 ecm i the ole 82 and it runs great. Been driving it a little, and it has done great. Got another question now.
Something is draining the battery, like full discharge after sitting a week. Is it going to hurt the ecm if I put a disconnect switch on the battery? The ecm has factory settings, and I know it will be just like resetting it every time, just want to make sure I'm not about to mess something up. Just havent got time at the moment to track down whats drawing it down so.
Thanks for all yalls help on the last problem, it is appreciated.

In a word,No.It will not hurt your ecm to put a disconnect in.
most of us in the older vettes have them....

I think, even with an 81, each time you disconnect the battery you'll erase any fault codes which are stored and it will erase any fuel trim data which may have been "learned".

ECM 82 or 84 ECM?

Hi again guys!
Put an 84 ecm i the ole 82 and it runs great. Been driving it a little, and it has done great. Got another question now.
Something is draining the battery, like full discharge after sitting a week. Is it going to hurt the ecm if I put a disconnect switch on the battery? The ecm has factory settings, and I know it will be just like resetting it every time, just want to make sure I'm not about to mess something up. Just havent got time at the moment to track down whats drawing it down so.
Thanks for all yalls help on the last problem, it is appreciated.

Was th ECM plug and play between years?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom