Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery problem... security system?

Vettepirate

Corvette
2002 Blue z06
My battery (redtop) died on me overnight. There is no way parasitic loss could have drained my batteries over night. I have not changed any of the DIC settings in the last few weeks so that is not the culprit.

I put my battery charger on a 6a 12 volt recharge and it shows it as charged.

The security system was acting strange when i opened the door. It wouldnt stop chiming even when i closed the doors and locked them. I don't understand the security system on my car (02 z06) but i presume that perhaps someone tried to get in overnight and the car went on some kind of emergency lockout. That's my best guess, at this point i really don't know. It's very frustrating when you take a week off work and your car zonks out on your first day of vacation... my bday is tomorow too.. ack!!

I'm lost. I don't know much about batteries so im a bit weary of taking the battery out of my sierra to see if the car would start. Any advice would be good. I'll leave it on the charger for a few hours see what i get.

My battery (redtop) died on me overnight. There is no way parasitic loss could have drained my batteries over night. I have not changed any of the DIC settings in the last few weeks so that is not the culprit.

I put my battery charger on a 6a 12 volt recharge and it shows it as charged.

The security system was acting strange when i opened the door. It wouldnt stop chiming even when i closed the doors and locked them. I don't understand the security system on my car (02 z06) but i presume that perhaps someone tried to get in overnight and the car went on some kind of emergency lockout. That's my best guess, at this point i really don't know. It's very frustrating when you take a week off work and your car zonks out on your first day of vacation... my bday is tomorow too.. ack!!

I'm lost. I don't know much about batteries so im a bit weary of taking the battery out of my sierra to see if the car would start. Any advice would be good. I'll leave it on the charger for a few hours see what i get.

Clean and check All Battery connections and Grounds!!:thumb

Check and Clean B+ connections on power distribution center too!!:thumb

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/983209-post3.html

Happened again today so no driving on this beautiful summer day :(

Ill check them all. I hope i can find the problem.

Thanks

How old is your battery? Did you have it checked for a bad cell? Does Canadian tire check them for free? Good Luck...the season's nearing the end.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom