Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: battery replacement

sett2vett

Corvette
2006 coupe
I need to replace the battery in my '06 coupe. Is there anything in particular I need to be aware of in performing this task i.e. Will I harm any computer logic or have to reset anything major, etc.

Thanks!!

Same as any other vehicle and fairly easy .You may have to reset memory for seats etc ,radio and index the windows .Indexing the windows is in your owners manual .You can find your owners manual on YouTube if your a visual person .:thumbGood luck

Many, if not most installers will can save your settings while installing, if you go that way. I just had a new battery installed on my Equinox at Advanced, and it took 10 minutes, max with the setting left intact. I bought a "setting saver" years ago that also works. It's a 9 volt powered back-up that plugs in the cigarette lighter. I think I paid 4 bucks, less battery, for it.

Thanks. I may have a deeper problem. I tried to jumpstart with a fully charged Die Hard marine battery (500 CCA) with no luck, even with connecting both leads of the jumper cables directly to both terminals of both batteries. All lights illuminate brightly, with normal instrument panel indications. I occassionally get a NO FOBS DETECTED even though both FOBS have new batteries. Also, when opening the driver side door the window rolls down a crack as it should, but with each successive opening, the window rolls down a little further each time, but will not roll back up automatically when the door is closed (the passenger door window operates normally). The window will roll down when using the window's electrical switch, but will only roll up as far as the last position attained where it stopped when the door was opened.

Any ideas??

Battery rejplacement

If you have not figured the way to reset, close the drivers door and pull up the two window handles and hold for 15 seconds and it will reset. I had same problem and was shown by the dealer how to fix.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom