Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BB conversion, which fan shroud?

Ed's 1970

Corvette
1970 Stingray coupe
Hi all,
I am still gathering parts for my resto-mod 1970. The car was a small block 350/350, and I am putting in a healthy 540 big block with easily 600 hp. I want it to look factory if possible so I am sticking to the fan shroud, stock fan and fan clutch setup. I purchased a griffin aluminum radiator which fits perfect in the original radiator support, I believe it is 26" center to center on the bottom brackets. My question is which fan shroud will work, is there one which will just bolt-on?
Happy Holidays!
Thanks Ed :w

My advice is the check the '70 assembly instruction manual to see whether there were two radiator supports for 70, big block and small block. If so, you will want the big block support, brackets, seals, shroud, fan, and fan clutch.

:)

Thanks Mike, I forgot to mention that the radiator support I have is original to the car and is in very good condition, so I want to reuse it. I believe the big block support has wider bottom brackets and will not work with my griffin radiator. Well is there any reason a small block shroud would not work on a big block? I don't know what the actual differences are.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom