Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Chrome polish around is what????

Andy

Corvette
1976 Millenium Yellow / 1979 Greenwood Daytona
Hello,

I have several chrome pieces that are pretty dull. I am trying to brighten them up. Besides Mothers which i have used, what are other suggestions on chrome polish?

Thanks..

You can try Never Dull. I used to polish my chrome on my old truck with that and it was working fine for me.

I use Never Dull...works good for me too.

Chas:w

Hi Guys..Never heard of this stuff......Pep Boys have it????? Where do u get yours? Would appreciate..

Andy

Tepot said:
You can try Never Dull. I used to polish my chrome on my old truck with that and it was working fine for me.

andy,
I bought some of adam's metal polishes #'s 1&2
I have only had a chance to do one
Metal1and2.jpg
of my rims so far but it is fantastic!!!
looking forward to trying it on the others this weekend!!!!:)

bill.......:w

Andy said:
Hi Guys..Never heard of this stuff......Pep Boys have it????? Where do u get yours? Would appreciate..

Andy

Well. I'm in Canada. I usually get it at Canadian tire but maybe Chas can help you, he's in USA.

05100-05101.jpg

This is the stuff I've used on aluminum. Made it look like chrome.

The less "chrome polish" you use, the better; it's abrasive, and every time you use it, it removes some of the very thin layer of clear chrome that protects the bright nickel underneath it. When the clear chrome is gone, the nickel is exposed, and starts to pit and delaminate. Use WAX on chrome to protect it, not "polish".
:beer

Norm - Maybe this is the one I used on chrome . . .

05208.jpg

and this is the one I used on aluminum. ;LOL

05100-05101.jpg

I only use it when I need to remove blemishes.

Andy said:

Andy

Yup...:_rock

Polish

I honestly never use chrome polish. Last time I used chrome polish when I was buying cars in the 70's when the bumpers started pit up from the salt being on them to long.

:drink

I do agree with what John is saying. As a matter of fact, I spoke with anchromer who just did a few pieces for me and he suggested using mothers on them..just wax...

BUT..I have a few pieces not made of Nickel..They are made of ZINC, which is a porous metal to begin with and the plating process doesn't work as well on this metal as opposed to say "pewter" or "Nickel".....Pieces are dull..and I need to brighten them up considerably. I have tried the mothers Mag and aluminum stuff and I agree that works on some products. I tried it on this piece and NOTHING....so, therefore the post.

Appreciate everyones comments........

Andy

red70vette said:
Listen to John Z. Polish is an abrasive use it and you lse some chrome. Clean it and wax it.

Andy said:
Hello,

I have several chrome pieces that are pretty dull. I am trying to brighten them up. Besides Mothers which i have used, what are other suggestions on chrome polish?

Thanks..
I think it was BarryK who sent everything on his '65 out for rechrome. When he got his stuff back, he used chrome polish on one of the rear bumpers, and then it had swirls everywhere. I haven't used chrome polish since reading that post.

My car has a lot of chrome and the bumpers definitely have swirls that I don't think were there when I bought the car. I used to use Mothers, now I just use Carnuba when I wax the car. -John

I'm going to move this to Care & Detailing where others will jump in.

Elaine

I dont believe there is abrasives in never dull...its a wax as far as i know...it goes on wet , drys, buff it off...works great on my chrome from 1973.
:w

I did a search on "Never Dull," and it looks like it's made by Eagle products. Is that the company that makes the polish you guys are talking about? I just want to make sure before I order it online. -John

JJS said:
I did a search on "Never Dull," and it looks like it's made by Eagle products. Is that the company that makes the polish you guys are talking about? I just want to make sure before I order it online. -John

Im sure thats it...they have it at most auto parts stores, but maybe not in your area.
The stuff is a wadding in a can...you peal off a piece and your up and running...i keep the used pcs in a plastic bag for really dirty stuff and finish with a fresh pc...one can lasts me a season of driving...may to oct...it works great on chrome and my edelbrock engine parts that have a shine....and you should see the rings on my ralley wheels when im done!:_rock
Chas

Thanks. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. -John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom