Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best performance bang for the buck LT1

Dad2BJO

Corvette
01 Z06
I have not owned my 93 for long and have been reading up on the various performance modifications for the LT1 and now realize the choices are limited.

For the money, what is the best modification that I can do to add HP? From what I see:
1.1.6 ratio rockers.
2.opening up the heads with some porting.
3. CIA? I am not sure on that one as a stand alone but it would possibly help if 1 and 2 are done
4. Exhaust

The "airfoil" looks like a waste to me but could help if all of the above are done. The coolant bypass makes sense in therory since it sort of cools the air in the intake (however I am skeptical). Larger TB's 52 or 56 mm may add power if only 1 and 2 are done.

As far as 3. The SLP and vortex systems look nice, but wouldnt it be the same thing if I cut a hole in the air cleaner cover? I mean the stock system is set up like a CAI already. The other thing that looks interesting is the big mouth air dam. If it works I could see the CAI (or cutting a hole) would work better since it looks like it pulls the cool air from under the car.

Any help is appreciated from some of you folks that have tried a few different things and I may be covering ground that has been covered several times.

Thanks

IMO 1.6 rockers and/or long tube headers and exhaust are great mods--they also really like the 3.07 perf axle if you have the 2.59 now and even a lower gear ratio depending on how much top end speed you are willing to give up:thumb I'd likely save the porting for a later cam upgrade --but that's just me.

As the second post states, if your "Ruby" has the base axle ratio, you'll gain the most seat-of-pants acceleration by changing to the 3.07 axle.

Thanks.

I never thought of the gear. What about the intake idea? I did see somwhere a vendor had a "stock" open air cleaner cover. I would think somthing like that would do the same thing as a CAI, but without and exhaust/head/rocker or cam mods would it really help? The SLP intake looks cool but looks don't increase HP.

Regardless it is winter here in WI and I can only dream about driving my car anyways. Come on spring!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom