Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best place to buy interior ?

I should add... after cleaning a few of the parts with the denatured alcohol, they looked so great I didn't even have to redye them. 30 years worth of armorall and grime came off on the rag in a dark sludge.

Al Knoch if you are going to show it. Wilcox if you are going to drive it.

why do you say this, is it price or does Wilcox stuff hold up better under daily use? I have never heard anything bad about either and have bought from both.

Al Knoch if you are going to show it. Wilcox if you are going to drive it.

Exactly what are their differences, carpet , door panels, etc. ? I figured there could really only be one or so companies actually producing the part and everyone just sold them. What about Corvette America or Eklers, haven't heard to much about them

This will be driven alot, but I don't want crap looking or quality parts, or break the bank....

Exactly what are their differences, carpet , door panels, etc. ? I figured there could really only be one or so companies actually producing the part and everyone just sold them. What about Corvette America or Eklers, haven't heard to much about them

Carpets are often made by ACC (http://www.accmats.com/). I think (but not sure) that Ecklers and Corvette Central sell ACC carpets. I bought my carpet from Wilcox, and if I remeber correct that one was from ACC too.

I did all the interior parts of my 76 with the "dye" spray "paint" which ever your choose to call it. As discussed the big issue is cleaning the parts first, I used lacqure remover to clean the parts with and it worked great but you have to be careful don't rub to hard or you can damanage the orginal part. I purchased the dye from the local NAPA dealer (8$ a can) and it worked great and so far has not peeled or anything, its been 8 months since I painted the first part. My interor is buckskin and the new parts were a differend shade than the painted parts. The new parts I order, door panel and dash were a different shade so I went ahead and painted them also so now everything is exactly the same shade and it looks great. I have not replaced the carpet so have no comments.

I forgot to add that the dye paint comes in a clear coat also, flat- semi-gloss and gloss I use the semi gloss and would recommend that any painted pieces you put the clear coat on.

The reason I don't want the dye to come off is I've been thinking of changing the interior color from grey leather to red.

The car is red with a grey leather, I like the red on red but can't find any good pics of the color combo, can anyone help with the pics ? What do you all theink of the color swap ?

The car is red with a grey leather, I like the red on red but can't find any good pics of the color combo, can anyone help with the pics ? What do you all theink of the color swap ?
What kinda car ya got? I'm sure there's plenty of pics available with red/red interiors.

What kinda car ya got? I'm sure there's plenty of pics available with red/red interiors.

82. I can find some pics, but none really show both the interior and exterior at the same time. I picture with the door open or something to that effect..

82. I can find some pics, but none really show both the interior and exterior at the same time. I picture with the door open or something to that effect..
Check with member JohnGrawcock. He has a mint condition red/red 1980. He brought it to our first or second CruiseFest. There may even be pictures of it somewhere in the CAC galleries.

Check with member JohnGrawcock. He has a mint condition red/red 1980. He brought it to our first or second CruiseFest. There may even be pictures of it somewhere in the CAC gallerie8

80's have the wrong color interior. I can find lots of 80,81 r/r, but not really any 82's. The red on the 82 is darker.

The red on the 82 is darker.
Ehhh.. so squint a little! ;squint:
Really, if he can get you or I a picture, a quick 15 seconds in photoshop can match the red. It's at least a start... or you can keep looking. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom