Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best wheel cleaner

400hp_76

Corvette
Black 1976 STINGRAY cpe, T-tops
This is the best wheel cleaner i have seen yet. MY wheels are polished billet aluminum. After my car had been in the shop for 6 months the wheels were in very bad shape. There were many deep stains that i couldnt even get out with scotch brite cloth. I picked up some BLUE MAGIC for my console, because it looked like a decent cleaner. It turned out to be some of the best polish i have ever used(i have also used neverdul, which is quite good). I tried it on the wheels and it was "Magic". The wheels in the first pic have been washed twice after a coat of never dul.

Here are the rims after 1 coat of blue magic and a little buffing. THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!

The tires have had it. There is a whole bunch of road construction goin on. The roads are so bad it has knocked the front end out of alignment twice. I didnt pick up on it quick enough and with the 180 treadwear that was not good. o well. It happens like that.

Where do you get that stuff?
I never heard of it, sure works nice!:_rock
gary.

Yea,where do get that stuff? Is there a website available?
BTW looks great!!!!!!!!!

Dave

I got it at an Advance Auto Parts store. Its only about 4 bucks. Very good stuff. Finished the rest of my wheels off tonite.

I have had very good luck with Simple Green...biodegradeable too!

400 do you wax them after you clean them? Seems like that would seal them up a little. They do look good!:bang

No i do not wax them. The blue magic is wax in itself. It leaves a lair of sylicon to prevent dirt from sticking. so the next wash the dirt just comes off and there is not much need for polishing them again. I used a ton of that this weekend in the car show. Started cleaning at like 12 that friday nite and stayed up until 2 and then got up at like 9:30. Made the whole family get out there and polish stuff becuase it had to be registered in at 12 sat. Not much time to detail, but it turned out ok.

That stuff really looks like it does a good job! I'll pick some up the next time I'm at the 'ole auto parts store:)

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom