Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Year for C5

db2

Corvette
80,85 & 02 Z.
I can't find the 96 LT4 I want,so I'm going to look for a good 97 or 98.

Sometimes car makers have problems with the first year or two of a new car or remake.Anyone aware of any problems with the 97 or 98?

Thanks
\db2
Carolina

Last year best year of model. 1st year of model..problems...

Sometimes car makers have problems with the first year or two of a new car or remake.Anyone aware of any problems with the 97 or 98?

Thanks
\db2
Carolina
Steering column lock
Seat memory
Popout windows
Exhaust flange welds
Tinted roof crazing

Thanks
\db2
Carolina

Give the GMJunkie a PM for the 96. He has a couple a beauties right now. A polo green and a red LT1.

Why 2004 of course, that's why I have one...:D

In general always avoid the first year and the last year is for the most part considered the best. :cool

Buy the newest you can afford. Each year saw improvements. My 03 is a dream to drive.

Heck there all good...

...but if I buy another someday I think it would be an 01-04. Several upgrades were made in 01.​

Enjoy the Hunt! :upthumbs

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

The best years for zo6 hardtops late 2002 to 2004
coups @ conv 1998 to 2004.

Thanks
\db2
Carolina

Check the number of TSB's for the C5 - especially the early years - http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/category.php?catId=6 . You won't believe how many common defects there are. Good luck.

They made about a dozen improvements each and every year of the C5 production run. The 2003s and 2004s are the way to go.

Actually, since GM was offering a $6,000 rebate on new Corvettes late in the 2004 model year, you may get a 2004 for less than a 2003. I bought my 2004 at DIP (dealer invoice price) less the $6,000.00 rebate. In most years it is hard to find a dealer that will sell at less than MSRP and many want a premium over MSRP.

How did I get DIP? I am the CFO of a company that among many other things owns a couple of dealerships.

Steering column lock - nope
Seat memory - nope
Popout windows - nope
Exhaust flange welds - nope
Tinted roof crazing - N/A

GO FOR IT!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom