Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Big Block Info???

What manifolds do you big block owners have on your motors?

I have a ZZ502Deluxe that came with a 4 bbl hi rise intake. It's stampped GM but is made for them along with the Cyl Heads by "Edelbrock".

I would recommend any of Edelbrocks intakes as they at least to me have the best selection for most applications. First thing I would do is determine how your going to be driving your car, such as street , track , drags ..etc. Then based on that pick an intake in the power range you'll be operatin at.

Edelbrock's tech service line can help you select the correct manifold for your application.

Or... you could hang out here and see what the CAC memebers suggest..:beer

Intake or exhaust? ;)

lol..intake ....

I am torn between having my stock intake powder coated or just going out and buying a new aluminum intake for it...

The answer to that question needs to, also, give the model year because Big-Blocks in C2s have more hood clearance than those in C3s thus your manifold choices are greater with the 63-67 cars.

That said, I use an Edelbrock Peformer RPM for Oval Port heads on my 71 and I can do that because I put an Eckler's hood on the car which has an enlarged, 73-79-style "power bulge" which clears the Performer RPM and an adequate air filter assembly.

the motor is a 390 hp, the car is a 67 roadster ...just want a different look ..perhaps a bit of better performance..less weight of course and hopefully a bit more mileage when traveling per gallon:boogie

my zz440 came with a fairly tall factory aluminum oval port manifold and the only way that i could get it to fit under the '66 bb hood was to use the original factory drop-top air cleaner base....which is fine but i always wondered about the efficiency of the air going from the bottom, hitting the underside of the air filter top and turning 90* and then going into the carb...VNV loves that stuff but it keeps me awake at night;shrug

me? i love my tripower setup with the low rise factory manifold...i know i sacrifice power but WTF, i like the look...i don't have a picture yet but my air cleaner setup is as direct as i can make it, i use the original tripower air filter base, a k&n triangular filter and fabricated a flat 1/16" thick triangular top using an original top as a guide (17" equilateral triangle and then round off the corners and you're there)...i then cut a hole directly over the center carb and installed a 9" circular k&N and sparkly powder coated it...a LOT simpler than other fixes i've seen

buy the BG and fugeddaboudit!!!!

Post edit note...here's a shot of my tripower air cleaner

as a follow-up on this post, i see VNV all misty-eyed over a dual quad setup, i love my tripower setup but none of these come close to the performance of a well thought-out single 4bbl setup.....i suppose there are too many design compromises for a multicarb intake manifold....as JohnZ has said, if the multicarb setup was the hot ticket, it would have been on the L88....

...i guess i'm just a sucker for marketing hype:m

as a follow-up on this post, i see VNV all misty-eyed over a dual quad setup, i love my tripower setup but none of these come close to the performance of a well thought-out single 4bbl setup.....i suppose there are too many design compromises for a multicarb intake manifold....as JohnZ has said, if the multicarb setup was the hot ticket, it would have been on the L88....

...i guess i'm just a sucker for marketing hype:m

i see VNV all misty-eyed over a dual quad setup, i love my tripower setup but none of these come close to the performance of a well thought-out single 4bbl setup.....i suppose there are too many design compromises

Yeah...they do look cool with all that do-dad linkage and fuel lines and filters going every which way. I guess you could say the same for Tri-Power set ups with it's linkage and fuel lines.

It's about looks too. But, WTF.. you could also do 4 daul webber side drafts or a big chrome huffer sticking out of the hood. But I gues that would be like walking down the street with your private parts hanging out saying.......

Hey, Look What I got Hangen Out Here(Quote From A Well Know CAC Member Made At Carlise One Year)....but that's ok too if that's what your into.:boogie

Yeah...they do look cool with all that do-dad linkage and fuel lines and filters going every which way. I guess you could say the same for Tri-Power set ups with it's linkage and fuel lines.

It's about looks too. But, WTF.. you could also do 4 daul webber side drafts or a big chrome huffer sticking out of the hood. But I gues that would be like walking down the street with your private parts hanging out saying.......

Hey, Look What I got Hangen Out Here(Quote From A Well Know CAC Member Made At Carlise One Year)....but that's ok too if that's what your into.:boogie

...made me think of the vortech that i put on the small block, now that i'm putting miles on it, the blower is getting a TAD bit noisier...WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!:W...so much for having a stealth application, might as well just get the tags changed to read "BLOW THIS":eyerole

...made me think of the vortech that i put on the small block, now that i'm putting miles on it, the blower is getting a TAD bit noisier...WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!:W...so much for having a stealth application, might as well just get the tags changed to read "BLOW THIS":eyerole

No.. your install is cool... I was referring to the mid years you see with the 671 blower and NOS lines sticking out above the hood. Not That There's Anything Wrong With That...:D

And..the whine....is good...:beer

No.. your install is cool... I was referring to the mid years you see with the 671 blower and NOS lines sticking out above the hood. Not That There's Anything Wrong With That...:D

And..the whine....is good...:beer

Hmmm...what if i install a 671 as a pre-booster and take my 3 inch vortech blower pulley down to one inch....ought to be ONE HELL of ride to the end of the block and no towing costs!!!!!:)

Hmmm...what if i install a 671 as a pre-booster and take my 3 inch vortech blower pulley down to one inch....ought to be ONE HELL of ride to the end of the block and no towing costs!!!!!:)

Yeah..and don't forget the Nitros Tank and the 55 Gallon Drum of Nitro Methane to run that puppy... That would get a protest going in front of the "OC" Mansion...You think there upset over a friggen tree...??? Wait till you fire that sucker up with open pipes...
;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom