Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Big problem with my 92 Corvette, does not start! Security lights blinking! HELP!! SOS

yes you are right... maybe i bought the worst c4 in the planet :-( i loved that car because i see it on ebay with 180.000miles and seems like new, mint conditions.... 100.000miles and perfect! I i bought it because its cheap to mantain... compared to my german cars... but now i will take a break to american cars because im very dissapointed... car started in flames and nobody knows why, i fill the tank in the gas station, and 10 minutes later the car explode in flames.... 2 magnaflow stainless steel mufflers (that you can see in the trunk) burned too.. i was going to install it... and look at that :-(

i see my car every day in my house burned and i just want to cry... i really love/hate that car, i loved it because its the sexiest car i had it, even more sexy i think than my SLK 32 AMG. And i hate it because i spent a lot of money in that car and no mechanic can repair it well, in my german cars when something is wrong, simply scan the car change the damaged part and thats all, maximum 3 days my car perfect again.

Well... i think my problem was the VATS, because sometimes has spark to the coil and sometimes dont, and when i remove the entire wiring of my car i see that one of the coil wires goes to the BCM or CCM or VATS.... so vats is: coil, inyectors and starter relay, 3 symptoms of bad VATS. When the corvette see that something is wrong, the car disable the inyectors to prevent flooding of the engine. When the car dont recognize the key code of the car, the VATS disable the starter relay, and when vats its bad like mine, simply disable the coil electricity and you will need to wait 10 minutes since vats restart to start the car.

How complicated and simply is that, i learn a lot of mechanic in that car...and now i share it with us to if somebody has problems in the future has more information to fix it.

And, the ``no memcal and car starts fine´´ and ``starts but if you accelerate it pumping stays on´´ in my car was a failure created by trying to fix the VATS problem.

Thank you everybody for the help, i learned a lot here and i appreciate your help John.:beer

now my corvette is dead, when i buy another corvette in the future if i do that again, i will post here :)

brothers... one last question:

a friend of mine is selling me a front wrecked corvette in MIAMI, i will bring the car to here but i cant sell it here, so, i have an idea, pass the vin number of my car to that wrecked car and all my front to that wrecked car and guess what? i have a new car!

so, i need to know where is the location of the vin number in the vette, its only in the windshield? or exist another??

thanks

a friend of mine is selling me a front wrecked corvette in MIAMI, i will bring the car to here but i cant sell it here, so, i have an idea, pass the vin number of my car to that wrecked car and all my front to that wrecked car and guess what? i have a new car!

so, i need to know where is the location of the vin number in the vette, its only in the windshield? or exist another??

thanks
If you do that it is a felony, the only new number that can be put on that car is a state issued VIN.
after the state has inspected it, why not repair the wrecked Vette with your frontend and just use the VIN on that car even if it has to have a rebuilt title at least your legal.

thanks

Personally I would take the insurance settelment and the money it would cost to marry the burned car and the wrecked car and I would buy a C5. First you get a car with 1200 less pieces in it and a newer generation motor with over 400 HP.

thanks
I just noticed you're in South America, never mind I have no idea what's legal down there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom