Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! bird poop on convert. top

Solution

I have bird poop stain on my white convert. top
what can i use to get rid of this

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Depending on how long, and what type (color) of stain you have, there are a number of things you might try.

Start off with the easiest... a soft bristled brush, cold water and some mild detergent. If not successful you could move on to a baking soda paste, just gently massage it in with your finger, then flush with cold clear water. You might try a 3% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide. What you are looking for is light bleaching action to remove the stain. Just don't rub too hard...you don't want to make matters worse.

Commercially, there is an RV product used to clean camper/motorhome awnings. It's called "POOP OFF". I would think that most RV Centers would carry it.

I must admit I never tried the "POOP OFF", but if you Google it, you'd likely find something on it. It has some type of bleaching agent and emzyne in it.

Good Luck!

Rick

P.S. A shotgun with number 7 and 1/2 shot is effective, too!

If the debris is still there get it off asap with mild soap and warm water. Is it a fabric or a vinyl top? I know the black tops are fabric and need to be treated differently than vinyl. I would contact Ragg Topp and see what they recommend for a stain, it would be a shame to damage the top with the wrong solution.

The C5 white tops were all vinyl and easier to clean than the fabric tops. As others have suggested, start with water and mild detergent.

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom