Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blue Bullet Blog-The C6 Ownership Experience

OMG!:eek

I've been flamed...torched, even.:flaming
(sob)

But, I guess I've "gotten some religion" on the yellow issue.

So much so, I'm going to order a Carlisle Blue Z06 first thing tomorrow. Let's hope GM comes through with a VIN before all that incentive money expires.

A Carlisle Blue Z will be awesome! it will also be a rare bird as soon as you get it. I don't imagine the will be many CB z06s made in the one year they are available.

I hope you are able to find one that is out there so you don't have to wait. Best of luck.
Can't wait to see pictures of the new car. :w

Attachments

• 1aa.jpg
    1aa.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 145
OMG!:eek

I've been flamed...torched, even.
(sob)

But, I guess I've "gotten some religion" on the yellow issue.

So much so, I'm going to order a Carlisle Blue Z06 first thing tomorrow. Let's hope GM comes through with a VIN before all that incentive money expires.

Great choice....:happyanim: Blue corvettes rule :thumb.....

I saw a CB Grand Sport at the museum a couple of weeks ago...pretty sharp

Last September I purchased a triple black 2008 vert to replace my 2008 JSB coupe. This is a beautiful car but what I wanted was a JSB Z06.

If I purcahse another vette (this is my 5th) it is going to be a Z06.

If I were in your position Hib, I'd go with my heart (I think I should have done that in September).:thumb

Good luck.

Well...I pulled the trigger on ordering my Wife's and my Z06.

While "ordering" a car is a bit different from "shopping" for a car from a dealer's stock, the ordering experience was quite simple when working with a dealer like Tom Henry Chevrolet which specializes in Corvettes and Camaros. I would hate to have gone into a dealer who moves mostly trucks, Malibus and Cruzes and try to explain why I want 1LZ and what Z07 includes.

More on this when I'm off work later today.

Congrats! I hope both of you enjoy it. The rest of us can live vicariously through you. :D I look forward to pictures and driving descriptions.
:thumb

While "ordering" a car is a bit different from "shopping" for a car from a dealer's stock, the ordering experience was quite simple when working with a dealer like Tom Henry Chevrolet which specializes in Corvettes and Camaros. I would hate to have gone into a dealer who moves mostly trucks, Malibus and Cruzes and try to explain why I want 1LZ and what Z07 includes.

Well, now that's its a done deal...congrats. to you and your wife!:beer
Have you decided to make it even more enjoyable by flying out to the museum and driving back home to ca.?
chris

Well, it took me a little longer to get back here to finish my story...

On Monday 16 Jan, I ordered my 2012 Z06 from Tom Henry Chevrolet.
:happyanim:
Ordering a car is different from shopping for cars dealers have in stock, especially in my case–where I had a pretty good idea about what I want. With Tom Henry, because he and many of his salespersons are Corvette- and Camaro-savvy, ordering a car was pretty darn easy. Just in case, I had sent Henry Chevy a deposit check late last week, figuring the time it took the check to get to Pennsylvania would give me several more days to make up my mind and you CAC members helped bring me to a decision.

Tom Henry Chevrolet emailed me a list of options out of the "dealer order guide" from which I selected YF5 LS7 MM6 1LZ RUV XFH GLF Z07 B92 VK3 VEB and 843. I also asked Henry's body shop to give me a quote on painting the CF roof, (which for 2012 is left black) body color and adding the white "racing stripe" sold by Chevrolet Accessories and which on a Carlisle Blue car, looks positively stunning.

Once I gave Henry Chevy that list, they checked to make sure all the option codes were correct and were currently available. Within an hour or so, I had a reply email reminding me that F55 and CFZ are not part of Z07 but are required when one orders Z07, so I submitted a new list: YF5 LS7 MM6 1LZ RUV XFH GLF Z07 F55 B92 CFZ VK3 VEB and 843. The next day, Tom Henry, himself, confirmed that he'd received my deposit and emailed me an order number along with confirmation that his body shop could paint the top and add the stripe. Interestingly, the order confirmation document I received calls the color "Ice Blue Metallic" rather than "Carlisle Blue"....won't be the first time Corvette colors have more than one name inside GM.

But then, after thinking about the car overnight :confused...
I changed my mind.

I've always been an engine guy. I've been smitten with the mystique surrounding ;worship great engines like the Big-Block "Mark" engines, the LT5, the LS6 and now...the LS7. My personal opinion is that 2013 will be the last year for the LS7 427 and the last time GM ever has a gasoline, high-performance engine that big in any vehicle, Corvette, or otherwise. The mystique surrounding the LS7 comes, in part, because of its 7100 rpm rev limit, that it's naturally aspirated, that it has both titanium connecting rods and titanium intake valves and, when you buy it, you don't take a big fat guzzler tax hit.:cool!:

I decided I want to "build" (or help build as the case may be) my own engine and I decided that, at this point in my life, because engines like the LS7 will soon be part of Chevrolet legend, there will never be an opportunity like this again so; I contacted Tom Henry Chevrolet this morning and asked them to add "PBC", the "Corvette Engine Build Experience" to the order. That option allows a Grand Sport six-speed, Z06 or ZR-1 buyer to visit GM Powertrain's Performance Build Center, where dry-sump LS3, LS7, LS9 and LSA engines are assembled, and "assist" the GMPT employee who assembles the engine which goes in the Corvette he or she orders. Admittedly this option is expensive, but for an engine guy like me, it is a once in a lifetime "bucket-list" chance to help assemble the LS7 which goes in the Z06 I buy.

I kinda figured that changing an order once it's placed would be difficult, if not impossible, but the people at Tom Henry Chevrolet surprised me, again, and came through. Mid-morning today (Tuesday) I got an email saying they were able to change the order to add PBC. I don't know much about the order process beyond telling the dealer what I want and sending the deposit check, but my belief is: it may not be easy to make a change like that to an order which has already been placed. If that's the case, hats off to the Tom Henry folks for meeting my needs.

So what's next?

Sometime next month or in early March, I fly back to Michigan and visit the PBC in Wixom, just outside of Detroit to help build my LS7. Then, in late April, my Wife, the Fairest Sandra the Red, Duchess of Goleta, and I will fly back to Pittsburgh, then get a ride 15-miles up Route 8 to Bakerstown.

We'll pick-up the car, then drive it down to Bowling Green for the C5/C6 Bash event. Not so much to do the Bash but to attend the 2014 Corvette Caravan Section Captain's meeting. As I'm the 2014 Caravan's Section Captain for Southern California and Southern Nevada, I must attend those meetings of which there are usually two a year. Over the Bash weekend, we'll have Jim Van Dorn's Automasters of Bowling Green, the best Corvette service shop in that part of the country, change all the car's fluids over to Red Line products: synthetic 10W30 Engine Oil, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Water Wetter in the coolant, MTL synthetic transmission lubricant and Heavy Shockproof synthetic rear axle lube.

After all that, Sandy and I will leave Bowling Green with our new "toy" headed home to Goleta, California.

Executive Summary of the buying/ordering experience at Tom Henry Chevrolet?
Two Thumbs up!
:thumb:thumb

If you're looking to buy a new Vette or a new Camaro, you need to put Tom Henry Chevy on your list.

One thing I need to do is give the car a name. All my Vettes have them. My '71 Big-Block hot rod is "Yellow Thunder", but some old-time readers of "Vette Magazine" may know it as "The Big-Block from Hell." The '95, being that it's painted Dark Purple Metallic, is "Barney". Our '04 Z06, because the last five characters in its VIN are 00039, is "Three Balls Thirty-Nine"

The '12 Z06 is, as yet, unnamed.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Congratulation on the purchase of your new Corvette. :w

Since we were able to get CARLI$LE on our plate we named her Carly.

Attachments

• 1P1020043.jpg
    1P1020043.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 130
Congratulation on the purchase of your new Corvette. :w

Since we were able to get CARLI$LE on our plate we named her Carly.

Carly....

Maybe I should name mine CarlySis. (for Carly's Sister)
Not

Maybe "Blue Bullet", or "FtY" (for Faster than Yellow)?
Or, how 'bout "Blue Steel"?

Congrats - Thanks for keeping the Vette plant alive!​

Dude...it ain't gonna be my Z06 purchase which keeps the "....Vette plant alive!".

It's going to be all those people who, hopefully, will buy C7s in the last half of this decade who will keep the plant alive.

Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Enjoy every moment, some video for us guys would be a treat!

:upthumbs

Jet-Blu :thumb
That sucker WILL be fast...........
Andy Anderson :w

Carly....

Maybe I should name mine CarlySis. (for Carly's Sister)
Not

Maybe "Blue Bullet", or "FtY" (for Faster than Yellow)?
Or, how 'bout "Blue Steel"?

How about PBC1?:)

Ah...well....nah.

That's too common. Over the years I've seen tons of cars with that vanity plate. Or at car shows I see blue cars named that. I need something more unique.

How about PBC1?:)
That really doesn't key on the blue "thing".

Jet-Blu. That sucker WILL be fast.....

"Jet-Blu"....now we're getting somewhere! I'll put that one on the list, maybe "Blujet", also.

Blue Devil

Yes, I know, but thinking along the Blue line:

Blue Beast
Blue Lightning
Blue Blur
Blue Gonzo
Blue.......

Yes, I know, but thinking along the Blue line:

Blue Beast
Blue Lightning
Blue Blur
Blue Gonzo
Blue.......

"Blue Lightning" is a good one. We also could reverse the words and call it "Lightning Blue"

I'll put that on the "name list".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom