Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blue Bullet Blog-The C6 Ownership Experience

Scotchcal in the shape of the C6 roof and in Carlisle Blue...
Interesting idea.
It would have to be custom cut and professionally installed.

That might work.

I realize this guy is here in the Raleigh Durham area of North Carolina, but a converstation with him may help you out. I have seen several of his completed works and they look great. Here is is web site and phone: www.TVPAuto.com 919-274-5365. Raleigh NC :w

'Preciate the referral, but as I'm in California, it's unlikely I'm going to go to NC for a Scotchcal PPF installation. I looked at that web site and TVPAuto seems to perform the same type of service and installation of paint protection film as I can obtain locally.

I have a Scotchcal dealer, Transhine Auto Detailing, I work with in SoCal who installs all my clear bras. He's got 20 years in the biz as a 3M dealer and if anyone can install Scotchcal on the top, he can. But...in researching this a bit, I'm starting to think that a custom-cut section of Scotchcal may not work because they can't match the color close enough and if a custom colored section of Scotchcal was made, it would cost a fortune.

I'm really leaning toward paint.

For me, the process of ordering a new Corvette is going well.

With the help of Jerry Parsell–he's the Chevy Accessories Manager–and Stan Lorence, the Parts Manager at Tom Henry Chevrolet, which ordered the car for me, we got the proper part number for the Peal White stripe package that fits Z06es with the B92 hood. It's PN 22800491. I posted all the part numbers in another CAC thread http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c6-general-discussion/129534-new-grandsport-striping.html

I've been talking and emailing with Tom Henry and he's set me up to have his body shop paint the top Carlisle Blue then install the stripe package along with a set of "427" emblems (PN17803320). I think the stripe and the 427 numbers on the CF hood are going to look killer. The folks at TH Chevy are working on setting up a Michelin dealer who will make a trade of PS2s for the set of Cup tires which come on the car. As we're going to drive cross-country in the Spring, when a lot of places get rain, those Cup tires just won't do well in the wet.

One thing I like about doing this order with Tom Henry Chevrolet is the good communication between dealer and customer. Henry has kept me advised every step of the way. Last week he told me the car is supposed to be built in early March. The Chevrolet people have me visiting the PBC next week to help assemble my engine. I tell ya, that option PBC has got to be one of the coolest experiences a Corvetter could ever ask for–to assemble the engine which later will be put in his/her car. What a great idea. Whom ever at GM who came up with it, ought to get a raise.

My Wife, the Fairest Sandra the Red, are planning to visit Tom Henry Chevy in mid-April to reduce the thickness of our check book by a good amount and pick-up the car. Then, we're headed for Bowing Green and the NCM's Bash event.

Lastly, the name.

I've read all the post about the car's name and I'm leaning towards "Blue Bullet II" althought "Muffy" runs a close second.

I'm freakin' PUMPED. I called down to the plant yesterday and was told my car was being built. It was finished either late yesterday or early this morning.

Very cool, I have been thinking of a new one as well, Carlisle Blue W/ Red Int! But would need to sell both my 87 Callaway & 68 Big Block to do it :ugh
But then I see the 427 Convert, OH that would be cool too! Too many choices.

i10fwy

Geez I would be too. How long before you can pick it up?

I could probably do that in a week or so but I'm going to wait a month–because that was when I could get inexpensive one-way flights to PIT on Southwest Airlines–then fly back to Pittsburgh and drive up to Bakerstown to PU the car. After I get it, I'm driving down to Zip Products in Virginia to visit their facility and then, after that, I'm off to the National Corvette Museum for the NCM Bash event.

While I'm at the NCM, I'll stop at Automasters of Bowling Green and have them change all the cars' lubricants to Red Line Synthetic and change the oil filter. After that, it's home to California.

When I was in MI two weeks ago, I spent half a day at Katech talking with Fritz Kayl, the CEO, and Kevin Pranger, who formerly ran Katech's engine development work for Corvette Racing. I learned quite a bit about the LS7 cylinder head.

The hot rodder I am, I'm always thinking of upgrades. I may never be able to afford it, but I got to thinking, if the head is so good and I have to keep the stock exhaust manifolds and cats to stay legal in the People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia, maybe a cam change is the way to go. I got to looking at Katech's "Torquer LS7" cam profiles. I was thinking about one of those along with Katech's valve springs, ti retainers and their LS7 racing valve lifters.

What do y'all think?

:cool!: OR :nono

I'm thinking it may be all you need or want for power just the way it is............but the manly quest for more power is hard to resist.......I'd leave it alone but I'm older now.

I could probably do that in a week or so but I'm going to wait a month–because that was when I could get inexpensive one-way flights to PIT on Southwest Airlines–then fly back to Pittsburgh and drive up to Bakerstown to PU the car. After I get it, I'm driving down to Zip Products in Virginia to visit their facility and then, after that, I'm off to the National Corvette Museum for the NCM Bash event.

While I'm at the NCM, I'll stop at Automasters of Bowling Green and have them change all the cars' lubricants to Red Line Synthetic and change the oil filter. After that, it's home to California.

When I was in MI two weeks ago, I spent half a day at Katech talking with Fritz Kayl, the CEO, and Kevin Pranger, who formerly ran Katech's engine development work for Corvette Racing. I learned quite a bit about the LS7 cylinder head.

The hot rodder I am, I'm always thinking of upgrades. I may never be able to afford it, but I got to thinking, if the head is so good and I have to keep the stock exhaust manifolds and cats to stay legal in the People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia, maybe a cam change is the way to go. I got to looking at Katech's "Torquer LS7" cam profiles. I was thinking about one of those along with Katech's valve springs, ti retainers and their LS7 racing valve lifters.

What do y'all think?

Weeelll, you won't have to see the smog man for 5 years, right?

:eek

Yep. New cars get a five-year "partial" exemption from the Smog Check. If I sold the car during that period, I'd have to get it smog checked before transfer and if I got caught in one of those unannounced road-side inspections, I'd have to go through it. But it is exempt from the test every other year.

That said, looking at the cam profiles of those two Katech camshafts, both are called "Torquer LS7". They both use the same profile except one is 110 LSA and the other is 116. My guess is an LS7 with the 116 LSA camshaft would easily pass the CA test. The 110 would be iffy because of misfire at idle but the 110 is worth 15-30 more horsepower depending on the car's exhaust configuration. Katech's cam profiles come from tons of development they've done with 7L race and street engines, so for street high-performance LS7s, I think they are far-and-away the best choice. Certainly, there are profiles from other vendors that are less expensive, but I think the best combination of performance enhancement, reliability and durability, come with Katech's cams, valve springs and retainers.

As for whether or not I'll be changing the cam...right now I have a lot of irons in the fire as far as shop work. If I was to do that, it'll be six months to a year before it happens. In the meantime, I'll just have to live with 505hp rather than 570hp. The other thing is I need to save-up the money. You can't just put in the camshaft. The profile is so much more aggressive you need to also change the valve springs and retainers. I'm sure by the time you get done buying parts, you're looking at 1000-1200 bucks.

museum delivery

I am surprised you did not get the museum delivery... If I ever order a new vette, I would have to do that. :thumb

What do y'all think?

Stop by Winston Salem on your way to the Bash. We are on I40 on the way to BG. I'll show you around NASCAR country. I might make the Bash too.

So...what are you waiting for??? Buy the damn thing and have a blast brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop by Winston Salem on your way to the Bash. We are on I40 on the way to BG. I'll show you around NASCAR country. I might make the Bash too.

Looks like we're not going have enough time to swing south after we leave Zip Products. If you make it to the bash, hopefully we'll run into you. Most of the road tours and such are booked so we'll be either hanging around the museum or doing a little work on the new car over at Automasters, a Corvette service shop on the other side of the highway.

Latest on my car is that it was unloaded at Tom Henry Chevrolet last week.

IMG_6073_1_1.jpgIMG_6074_2_1.jpg

I talked to the Tom Henry body shop this week and they suggested we leave the top black and not add the stripe to the top. They told me it was difficult to remove the roof to paint it and they didn't want to chance fouling up the sealing or the headliner. The Wife and I talked about it and decided we take their advice. We're going to leave the top cleared CF and stripe only the hood and rear deck.

I leave in 10 days to fly back to PA. I need to work several days at Tom Henry's dealership then I'm going to hit the road headed for Virginia and then Kentucky.

I like the color - Hib - Don't forget to contact Carlisle so you can get free admission at the show with a Carlisle Blue Corvette.

Roger

Attachments

• P1040736.jpg
    P1040736.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 103
I like the color - Hib - Don't forget to contact Carlise so you can get free admission at the show with a Carlisle Blue Corvette.

Roger

That's some kind of promo for this year's Corvettes at Carlisle?

I like the color - Hib - Don't forget to contact Carlise so you can get free admission at the show with a Carlisle Blue Corvette.

Roger

I love it, what a fantastic color combo! :thumb

i10fwy

Yes, it will be interesting to see how many Carlisle Blue Corvettes show up.

For those who are not familiar with the situation, if you have a Carlisle Blue Corvette you will get free entrance to the Funfield for you and a passenger during the event.

You need to contact Jodi Morrison at Jodim@carlisleevents.com to register.

Roger

We're in Bakerstown PA this week to get the still-as-yet-unnamed Z06.

Golly gee that car sure is purrrdy.

car1.jpgcar2.jpgcar3.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom