Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

body mounts 74 bb

D

D@D74-454

Has anybody done body mounts on their C3 and what type of problems might l run into ?

Thanks Dave

I haven't done the whole set but for some unkown reason the right side rear mount behind the wheel disintergrated early in life. I removed the bolt and lifted the body with the floor jack and a wide board on the jack pad just enough to get the old mount out and the new one in. Granted, this was probably the easiest location but it worked for me. Doing the whole car mught be a different deal. If you losened all the bolts and used a few jacks you could lift one side at a time just enough to get them out, I would think. Remember to replace any shims in the exact location as they were when removed.

Hopefully someone else will chime in that has done the whole set.

Tom

I've done a few. You can do as Tom said. Ithink you would have to get the body up around 6 inches or so. You will have to disconnect your stearing at the rag joint, your master cylinder lines to proportioning valve, Radiator hoses (at least the lower one), Ground strap at #1 mount on driver's side, Negative battery cable from frame, and seat belt strap under body. There may be a few other things I forgot.........Good luck.....Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom