Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

boostedmaxPSI

redb2k's

Corvette
Lots of vettes-several b2k's
It did not take long to change your profile, Adding the 88 B2K. Let's see some pictures. How was the drive back?

I'm glad you called me out :)

If you don't mind please PM me your number. I have some questions that are '88 specific and would like to call you Saturday. I need help with some vacuum line routing. The fella that had this car bypassed the throttle body coolant lines and disconnected the EGR actuator and EGR.

I'm headed to the chevy dealer in the morning to get these parts. As for pictures... Well I'll try and post some. I already started operation "Deep Clean" and have already ripped half the motor apart. So, it won't be coming out of the garage for awhile.

The body and interior are really clean however, this guy must have lived on a dirt road. The engine compartment is really dirty.

As for the drive back I developed a MAS meter code 33 check engine light so the car was in "limp" mode. Even still it had decent power, that would explain why I was getting a slight hesitation when I went WOT. Other then that it was a pretty uneventful drive back. 600+ miles and hotter then hell. 110 in Little Rock, AR. and still 100 at 10:30PM in Dallas.

FS

How's the new Callaway, Frank??

I bet that silver paint is quite a contrast over the red guts :cool

Enjoy! :lou

I actually like the Silver with Red. I didn't think I would but, it's not that bad with all of the Black upper pieces.

As for the car, well it's all together running great without issues. I got the microfueler back from $$$Callaway$$$. Unfortunately, it came back WAY out of adjustment. The car wouldn't even go WOT! So, I dyno tuned it in and adjusted the pods in the Microfueler and all is good now.

RedB2K came to the rescue to help me identify some vacuum lines that were missing so I could replace them and get the car emissions ready. Passed with flying colors.

I would like to lower the rearend about an inch or two to level it out, much like Matt's '89. His car has a nice stance.

Other then that, I just gave it a good cleaning and fixed all of the little issues it had and it turned out to be a great little car. Hope to drive it more as work permits.

Thanks for asking.

Hey guys, it's starting to be Callaway weather here. We need to get together for some Mexican track time :D

Get Boosted and not busted!

:lou

Wish I could be there

-Luigi

Get Boosted and not busted!

:lou

Wish I could be there

-Luigi

Definitely don't want to get busted :D The booost just about guarantees a quick get a way :gap

Hey guys, it's starting to be Callaway weather here. We need to get together for some Mexican track time :D
I agree. I was up at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. Hopefully next time it will be driving the b2k around the track. Let us know about another gathering in the future.

Sam, hows the 88 running? get that sucker on a dyno yet?

Sam, hows the 88 running? get that sucker on a dyno yet?

Haven't had a chance to dyno yet, but will be taking it out for a little test drive tonight. I've set it, alittle on the rich side, plus, it will have some race gas mix. The weather is too nice for turbos, not to go out.

I think it's time ;)

Did someone get a new Wonderbar for Xmas please give the details.

Pete I believe it was you that spearheaded the re-birth of the BIG Wonderbar so a BIG THANK YOU from me and 88-57.

No big deal putting the wonderbar in, just time consuming. I don't have a lot to post about the differences yet until I can dyno it and dial the car in again. Before I do that I think I need to get an AFPR installed for added adjustability. I'm stating to research a custom tune as I think that's going to be necessary to keep everything in check.

Happy New Year ALL. 2007 should be fun!

FS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom