Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla X-Pipe w/ Borla Stingers....

C598LS1

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver C5 Coupe MN6
Can anyone tell me if there is cutting required when installing the Borla x-pipe? I recently ordered the Borla Stinger system, and am awaiting shipment, but i might opt and get the X-pipe as well....or is the X-pipe just a clamp-on installation?

Yes a little cutting is required. I just asked the same question the other day. The factory h-pipe and cats are welded together. What I was told and it makes sense. You drop the factory h-pipe and cats, put the new x-pipe on top of the h-pipe so you can determine where to cut the h-hipe, leaving enough length on the cat pipe to fit into the new x-pipe and clamp it. I have an 02 six speed conv. Your set up is probably the same, but I don't know that for sure....but thats how you do it.

Charlie

Yes a little cutting is required. I just asked the same question the other day. The factory h-pipe and cats are welded together. What I was told and it makes sense. You drop the factory h-pipe and cats, put the new x-pipe on top of the h-pipe so you can determine where to cut the h-hipe, leaving enough length on the cat pipe to fit into the new x-pipe and clamp it. I have an 02 six speed conv. Your set up is probably the same, but I don't know that for sure....but thats how you do it.

Charlie

Thanks Charile. Hopefully Mufflex in Trenton NJ will do a good quality job on this setup/install. I dont want anything 1/2 assed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom