Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bosch fuel injectors?

MusclecarJohn

Corvette
'92 arctic white coupe
Hey everyone, I was considering getting a new set of Bosch injectors from FIC for my 92, The original Multecs are OK but I was wondering what you guys think, if I should go with the Boschs what size should I use 22 lb. or 24 lb. my Vette is stock with 73,000 miles

Whatever Jon recommends which will probably be stock size
If you have the same results as everyone else will be best $170 you spend

If you can be patient I will be able to give you an objective reply soon that should give you a good comparison. Like your 92 my 93 has good original multecs, but I have a set of Bosch III's on the way, the car has 78K on the clock, I will let you know my results.
As others have said Jon is the only source to even consider, his knowledge and customer service is unsurpassed, follow his advice on sizing and you will not go wrong.:thumb

Cool, Thanks you guys,
toptech, I will wait for your reply as I need to wait till my birthday in July to get them anyway :eyerole

Fic injectors

Just changed the old multi-techs out of my 93 last week. Have to say I am very pleased with the difference in the way the car starts and runs. Be the best $189 you'll spend.

I will wait for your reply as I need to wait till my birthday in July to get them anyway :eyerole
As another referal ,
buddy just put a 92 Vette LT1 in his '67 Camaro; fully rebuilt engine but as unknown mileage injectors ohmed out OK he cheaped out and reinstalled them.
Was having a hard time getting a tune on it with aftermarket ECM.
Dropped in a set of Jon's Bosch lll's I had on the shelf and could tell it was a completely different engine as soon as the key was turned .
Smooth idle , instant throttle response , no breaking down up top; all problems we thought were in the custom tune solved :thumb

I'd have to agree with the others. I put a set of Bosch III from Jon in my '88 L98 last fall and noticed a big improvement in drivability, cold and hot starts and throttle response. You won't regret your decision and Jon will not steer you wrong. He's got a very interesting video on youtube demonstrating the differences in injectors...it's worth a look.

I bought 2 sets and am very happy with them. My second set even got lost by USPS and Jon sent out another set, no questions asked! That is customer service.

CG

Put it this way, I have a 92 Vette w/ 161K miles, and the FIC injectors installed, buy them!

Installed my Bosch III from FIC yesterday. Love 'em! Jon even sends his personal cell phone number, which is on at all times, if you any issue's installing. Highly recommend!

Hey everyone, I was considering getting a new set of Bosch injectors from FIC for my 92, The original Multecs are OK but I was wondering what you guys think, if I should go with the Boschs what size should I use 22 lb. or 24 lb. my Vette is stock with 73,000 miles

Got mine last week from FIC for my 85. Bosch III's, I love them!

I got 24's instead of the 22's because, when you account for the difference in pressure for my year, they flow the same.

This calculator may help:

Fuel Injector Flow Calculator

If your LT1 is stock, it is currently is running well and you don't have symptoms of any injector-related problems, you don't need to change injectors.

If it were me in the above situation, and I just couldn't resist taking some injector-related action, I'd pull to the stock injectors and send them to a reputable injector service to have them cleaned and flow tested, then put them right back in the engine.

With a stock engine, the switch from the OE Delco Multech injector to a Bosch of the same flow rating will not result in any useful performance increase and, in fact, they'd likely not result in any measurable improvement.

Also, with a stock engine, you do not want to go to an injector capable of higher flow because you will likely loose performance, not gain it. Why? 1) You don't need the extra fuel at wide-open-throttle because the engine will run rich and 2) after installing "bigger" injectors you'll have to pay someone to recalibrate the engine to preserve part throttle drivability and "fix" the problem with too much fuel at wide-open throttle.

Now...if you have problems with drivability or fuel pressure, then you should consider injector replacements but only after having properly diagnosed the problems which are causing issues with drivability or fuel economy.

Bosch injectors from FIC are well-marketed and, indeed, could be a useful improvement on an engine which demonstrates problems with injectors or has been modified such that it needs higher-flow injectors, but to change the injectors just because people in the Internet say you should do so on general principle is not a wise idea.

While it is a good thing that an injector change did not have a negative effect on your fuel economy, reality is that, provided the injector flow rate selection is correct, an injector change will seldom make a practical change in fuel economy. Given the proper injector flow rate, what determines fuel economy is 1) the ECM calibration and how that controls the injector open time and 2) fuel pressure.

Now when the injector flow rate is higher than is necessary for the engine or the fuel pressure is higher than the specification for that engine, then gas mileage will suffer.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom