Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Gold CD player problems

glazounov

Corvette
1994 "Arrest-Me-Red" LT-1 Convertible
Hi everyone,

I have a 94 LT-1 convertible. When I bought it, the CD player (the standard Bose stereo that came with the car) was not functioning. Everything else in the unit works fine (radio, cassette tape, etc.) My question is: Should I have a dealer pull the unit out? It seems to be the type of job that I don't want to get involved in (anything that deals with the dashport and/or electronics is way out of my league). Other options?

Is there a place where I could send the unit, or does it need to be serviced by a Bose or Delco authorized service center? I would like to get the unit up and running before I take the car out of storage in March. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks! Denny

Do it yourself, it's fairly simple. Just a couple of nuts and screws.

Place I've heard mentioned most for repair is Dr Dons in Houston Texas. Somebody that has used him will come along shortly

Thanks

Thanks a million Jeff. I called Don this AM. He assured me that pulling the unit is no problem - and ... their website even has instructions. I'll be sending it in ASAP.

Thanks again!

Denny

I used Dr Dons for the 93 player about a year ago and had him up grade the cd player.. The player is working great and doesnt skip even when I play rewrites.. The responce time was good and the comuniction went well. The instrutions he provided on line worked well. It isn't a hard job and don't be scared to flex the lower dash out of the way it does go right back into position.. I hope this helps

Dan

I had this company fix mine(93'). They did a great job. The price and time to fix it was just what they said. There site also shows how to remove the stereo in steps. http.//carstereohelp.com

Had the wonderful Dr. Don do my 90 Bose cass,CD player a year ago.He did a complete overhaul on the unit , I cant begin to tell you how good dealing with him was. He is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom