Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Bose Premium Sound to Navagation system

Dolce

Corvette
2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible
My C6 has the Bose Premium sound system with 6CD changer and XM and I was wondering if this is upgradable to accept the navagation system?
My trips in the vette are typically places where I know and doubt it would ever be needed but I do like the way it looks.
The Bose system sounds great and I am not sure what happens if upgradable. If the stereo and Nav are integrated, is this a GM product in lieu of Bose?
Thank you,
Mike

My C6 has the Bose Premium sound system with 6CD changer and XM and I was wondering if this is upgradable to accept the navagation system?
My trips in the vette are typically places where I know and doubt it would ever be needed but I do like the way it looks.
The Bose system sounds great and I am not sure what happens if upgradable. If the stereo and Nav are integrated, is this a GM product in lieu of Bose?
Thank you,
Mike

I do not know if your system is 'upgradeable' (as you say) or not. I do know that the Nav IS integrated with the following: CD, (DVD is for Nav disk only) FM, AM, XM and Heads up-display (route is diplayed onto windshield via HUD). Like you say it IS my least used option, however, I DO like the touch screen operation/integration of all the options in it. To find out if your current system can be changed I'd probably check w/your local dealer (reputable one)...:)

btw, the up-level Bose speaker system is standard already when you get nav, so I assume there is no problems there. Could be as easy as getting the Nav system installed in place of your current unit.

I do not know if your system is 'upgradeable' (as you say) or not. I do know that the Nav IS integrated with the following: CD, (DVD is for Nav disk only) FM, AM, XM and Heads up-display (route is diplayed onto windshield via HUD). Like you say it IS my least used option, however, I DO like the touch screen operation/integration of all the options in it. To find out if your current system can be changed I'd probably check w/your local dealer (reputable one)...:)

btw, the up-level Bose speaker system is standard already when you get nav, so I assume there is no problems there. Could be as easy as getting the Nav system installed in place of your current unit.
Thanks, I will check it out at a local GM dealer.

NAV is nice but it's also a distraction. Since it's part of an integrated system, I wouldn't bother. Your best bet would be to get an aftermarket NAV as it will be superior in every way. (Wait until you see the "up to the second" traffic info you can get with the Acura system...) Sure wish my factory NAV had this.

nav is nice but it's also a distraction. Since it's part of an integrated system, i wouldn't bother. Your best bet would be to get an aftermarket nav as it will be superior in every way. (wait until you see the "up to the second" traffic info you can get with the acura system...) sure wish my factory nav had this.
thanks, my acura nav system is very cool. This is the car that i take when i have the family and potentially need the nav.
The vette will not go to uncharted territory and it would really be a frivolous purchase.
Thanks,
mike

thanks, my acura nav system is very cool. This is the car that i take when i have the family and potentially need the nav.
The vette will not go to uncharted territory and it would really be a frivolous purchase.
Thanks,
mike

I think you might be right. The best functionality I like about it is the touchscreen to access and play cd's or Xm selection. Get a portable unit. Less hassles and you can go anywhere w/it.....

I just replaced the factory navigation system I got in the C-6 with a Kenwood Garmin. Whoever designed the "Denso" navigation system for GM should be shot.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom