Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Radio

Tom Maine

Corvette
1991 Yellow Converible
I have a 91 Convertible with the Bose CD/Cassette player and due to surgery had to let the car set about a month and half. When I drove it tonite, I could not change channels and couuld only get one AM Channel. Then the FM finally worked but then it went back to not working. NOne of the buttons would do anything and the CD player never would play but there is a CD that is in the player, I must have left it in when I parked the car. I know there have been problems with the Bose system but has this ever happened to anyone else and is there a cure? Only the on/off works and the volume control. Tom

Honestly, I think the cure is to ditch that ancient system and get a modern system. They are very affordable these days. I got my 12 disc Alpine unit at Circuit City a couple years ago for less than $150 installed.

Honestly, I think the cure is to ditch that ancient system and get a modern system. They are very affordable these days. I got my 12 disc Alpine unit at Circuit City a couple years ago for less than $150 installed.
5541fosgate.jpg

Go with a MP3 player. 3 Disk get me across Europe with repeating.

Thanks guys. I thought that might be the way to go. I have not really had any problems other than a blown speaker on the right side with this system. Of course it is 15 year old technology.

Forgot to ask, Do you have to do anything with the Bose powered amps when you change over to a non stock radio and CD player?

Forgot to ask, Do you have to do anything with the Bose powered amps when you change over to a non stock radio and CD player?
200px-Dumpster-non.JPG

Place your Bose here and stick a set of Alpine/Pioneer/JBL/Infinity/etc. in the Vette.

Going to go out looking for new radio in AM. Looking at some with Sirius in them also. I subscribe to them anyway. Most likley get a multiple changer CD to if I can get one that will fit.

An input jack for an MP3 player would be nice as well. You can store a lot of songs on an MP3 player. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom