Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Speaker Relay

klyons

Corvette
1988 Bright Red
Seems to be BOSE month. I have a delay in my stereo (BOSE) Factory when I turn it on it will delay up to 5 minutes before coming on heard popping coming from rear speakers relaced with new same problem. When the stereo does come on the only speakers with any sound are the ones in the dash. I tried to replace the relay by taking down the hush panel can't get to it. What is the best way to get to it do I take the radio out the ECM or what? I don't care what I have to remove as long as I know once I do I can replace it.

Still raining in Maine.
:confused :pat

klyons said:
Seems to be BOSE month. I have a delay in my stereo (BOSE) Factory when I turn it on it will delay up to 5 minutes before coming on heard popping coming from rear speakers relaced with new same problem. When the stereo does come on the only speakers with any sound are the ones in the dash. I tried to replace the relay by taking down the hush panel can't get to it. What is the best way to get to it do I take the radio out the ECM or what? I don't care what I have to remove as long as I know once I do I can replace it.

Still raining in Maine.
:confused :pat
You have to remove the dash pad in order to get to the relay. It's behind the passenger's "Corvette" crash pad. They attached that relay using two bolts.

When you turn your radio on you should hear the relay click.

Good luck. It took me a full day to replace mine until I removed the dash pad and loosened up that crash pad and moved it towards the inside of the cockpit.

You don't have to remove the old relay or the dash pad. Remove the hush panel, locate the relay and unplug it. Plug in the new relay and stuff it back under the dash. Reinstall the hush panel and you're done.

Ken Anderson said:
You don't have to remove the old relay or the dash pad. Remove the hush panel, locate the relay and unplug it. Plug in the new relay and stuff it back under the dash. Reinstall the hush panel and you're done.
If you're calling the pad above the passenger's knees the hush pad I could not remove that.

I also could not remove the crash pad that has corvette carved into it. The dash pad was very easy to remove and it went right back into place without any problems.

I don't like things flopping around in the dash or any other area so I reconnected things the way they were but your way will work too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom