Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Tape to CD Swap

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
Hi Everybody.

I’m looking at a ’94 Aqua vert that has the OEM Bose Gold sound system. It has the Bose tape player option only, not the CD/tape combo. If I want to add a OEM Bose CD player to this car, would it be a plug and play? Will swapping out the tape player and adding the CD cause any problems?

Thanks for any help in advance.

B17Crew
:w

Hi Everybody.

I’m looking at a ’94 Aqua vert that has the OEM Bose Gold sound system. It has the Bose tape player option only, not the CD/tape combo. If I want to add a OEM Bose CD player to this car, would it be a plug and play? Will swapping out the tape player and adding the CD cause any problems?

B17Crew

I don't know for sure but I suspect the wiring harness will allow the Gold Cassette/CD to be a direct swap in. If the CD/cassette was a factory option I suspect GM used the same wiring harness for both

Going with an aftermarket sound system will call for resistors be added to the Gold wiring harness and, if memory serves, the speakers will need replacing or modding.

Jake

Hi Everybody.

B17Crew
Just Plug'r in!!:upthumbs

Thanks Jake and gmjunkie!

I have a nice collection of CD’s that I like to listen to on long trips, not ready to give up all of those shiny disks just yet for a remote iPod reader.

B17Crew

I feel the same. I love the sound of my Gold CD and especially the auto volume control and sound balancing feature.

Jake

Cheap non RF Ipod adapter

If you radio also has the tape player, you can just get one of those old cassette to portable CD player adapters from Walmart to play your Ipod through the tape player. :upthumbs

If you radio also has the tape player, you can just get one of those old cassette to portable CD player adapters from Walmart to play your Ipod through the tape player. :upthumbs

Thanks air1,

I just read a article on those in the latest issue of Corvette Fever (I think it’s the July issue).

As for an update on the vert I was looking at, I decided to pass as it didn’t have all the options I am seeking in a vert.

Thanks for the input and responses to all of you.

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom