Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bought new C6 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rmonday

Corvette
2006 Convertible
It's Vred Vert with all options except chrome wheels. Delear here in Knoxville said the chrome was on hold for balancing issues. Is that correct?

Ron

Congrats, and Im sure you will love it more every day from now on. Thats what happend to me. Cheers! I have polished aluminum wheels on mine. Isn't that what you ment? I have not noticed any uneven tire wear, noise, or anything unusual.

rmonday said:
It's Vred Vert with all options except chrome wheels. Delear here in Knoxville said the chrome was on hold for balancing issues. Is that correct?

Ron

Glad to hear about your purchase, sorry you didn't get exactly the wheels you wanted, but from what I understand, for those that went with polished, many felt they would have been better off getting them polished locally anyway, lots of complaints about milky, uneven, or otherwise poorly polished wheels from factory.

So, maybe the chroming is similar secondary vendor issue...?

Hey, as long as they get the rest of the car right, I can live with that, myself...

Anyway, cheers - enjoy it in good health!

:beer

Congradulations. I am sure that you will have a great time with your 'Vette, regardless of the wheel treatment. I had to settle for the standard painted for now. Take Care.

rmonday said:

Ron

I recently bought a 2005 C6 with the polished wheels, and althought they look great when standing away from them, but at close inspection I am disappointed with the eveness of the polish. There are minor imperfections too, but this is a minor inconvenience given the great looks of the car and the kickass performance!

rmonday said:

Ron

Congrats on the new car. The new chrome wheels wont be released until January or maybe beyond. I dont know what the problem is but it COULD be a balancing issue.

Corvette Junkie said:
Congratulations! Here's wishing you may miles of smiles in your new C6. :beer
My blue vert has the beige top and interior. I like your black interior too. Is the top black?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom