Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Bleeding

76okievette

Corvette
Early 1976 L-48, 2008 Victory Red
I have read alot about bleeding and have all the tools, power bleeder, two people allset to go. Last issue, cleaning or pruging does this have to be done and if so what do you use? I assume that you drain out all the old fluid the pour in some pruging fluid and than drain it out then are you ready for the new fluid or is there another step. I am thinking about DOT 5 but may go with Dot 4 just not sure about the clean purge step. Help:beer

what works for me is to use a mighty-vac or turkey baster to remove the old fluid from the master then fill with new and keep bleeding till the new stuff comes thru.

what works for me is to use a mighty-vac or turkey baster to remove the old fluid from the master then fill with new and keep bleeding till the new stuff comes thru.
Yep,That works for me!!I use a hand vacuum pump at each bleeder until fluid is clear!!If you keep the master full of clean fluid you won't even have to pump the brake peddle!!!:D:D:D

Got here done it was pretty simple. I now have all new fluid, Dot 4 and a much improved pedal. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom