Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Dust

Corvette
'02Torch Red Coupe - sold
I'm sure many of you may find humor in this question, but.... How do you prevent some of the brake dust on the wheels? My '02 has high polished wheels and it doesn't matter how long or short i drive, I always have a fairly heavy build up of brake dust. Is this common? Is this a forever problem?

Thanks.
Steve:confused

Thanks for the responses. I was hoping my gut was wrong, but I guess it is one of those things. I will just have to wash her more often.

Steve

Yep, it is normal. You will just have to clean your Vette everyday along with the wheels. It is a good reason to clean the Vette and spend time babying it.

danl72...... sounds good to me. I've washed it twice in 2 weeks!!! Doesn't seem like a chore like it does for my Explorer.

Steve

It is obvious that I didn't buy it to not dtive it!! I really don't mind bathing my baby weekly.....:s

Steve

:w

wheel dust

Hi Steve,
There is one last thing you could do to hide the dust. Go to Walmart and buy a BIG set of hubcaps!!! Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........Pete

Keep a coat of good polish on them and they rinse right off. If it is dry where my car does not need washing, I hose off the wheels and they look good after that. Have fun, Pete

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom