Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake hose chaffing

Rex S

Corvette
1974, 1990 ZR1, 1992 ZR1, 1996 CE Roadster
92 ZR1, while changing out the master cylinder we found that Zs use a stainless steel flex hose that runs from the master to the block on the frame. The steel line connection you see when looking at the MC are just short U steel lines that connects to the SS braided ones underneath. On this car the forward SS line had been badly chaffed by contact with the MC. I don't know if the car was built this way or the damage was done by someone leaning on the steel tube but the SS braid was worn through to the plastic core and the core was abut 1/2 way worn through. Use a bright light and mirror to check yours. DO NOT use fingers! Worn braid will rip your fingers to little shreads! :rotfl

I do not know if this hose is available anywhere. We are a BrakeQuip dealer so all I had to do was go out to the shead and make one but mst people aren't that lucky. If anyone on this board needs one, I'll make them for you and sell at cost + shipping (and tax if in Texas). Fittings are M12X1. Replacement hose will NOT look like OEM (larger fittings) but is a quality replacement.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom