Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

brake light on console display flickers on and off - 1985 4+3

gmhowe

Corvette
1985 4+3 black cpe & 96 LT1 CE
The brake light in the center display console ( service engine soon and battery lights are ) flickers, normally it is only on when the emergency brake is engaged but keeps coming on either solid or flickering. FSM says nuthin
thanx
Gordon

The brake light in the center display console ( service engine soon and battery lights are ) flickers, normally it is only on when the emergency brake is engaged but keeps coming on either solid or flickering. FSM says nuthin
thanx
Gordon

Im not real familiar with C4's so bear with me, you could be low on brake fluid if your master cylinder cap has 2 wires going to it, or even a bad cap. If your master cylinder does not have 2 wires on the cap then you would need to trace where the wire is getting a circuit to ground.

Keep recycling the E-brake with the button pushed in,read that someplace when it happened on mine,the contacts get dirty down there.

ok there is a connector right between the brake likes coming from both cylinders that has a broke wire ( right out of the plastic connector ) FSM calls it a "warning switch" not sure if I can fix it, will try the catalogs to see if I can find one.
G

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom