Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake lights

iamfine2

Corvette
All of my outside lights work, blinkers work, hazards work. Fuse is good.
But my brake lights don't work.
Before I go for the switch, are there any suggestions?
Do the inside rear lamps with the reverse lights stay on when I hve the marker lamps on?
Should I check those bulbs?
Mike

Why waste time looking for other things? Check the switch by touching the two leads together and see if the lights go on.
The inside lights are brake lights.

...The inside lights are brake lights....

Outside lights are brake lights; inside lights are backup and reflectors unless you have made the bubble tail light conversion.

Check the brake light switch on the brake pedal under the dash. Also check the bulbs for the correct number. They should be double filament.

:)

Check the switch under the dash (white push button looking thing) it should be pressing against the little metal arm attached to the brake pedal assembly. Mine was not sitting right against the arm and the brakelights were always on.
Push the button in and have someone check to see if the lights turn on. If not, use a circuit tester to see if you are getting power in and out of the switch (a simple bulb type tester is sufficient). If you get no response out of the switch it's probably bad. You may also want to make sure the switch button comes out fully (pushed in the lights turn off, fully released the brakelights are on)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom