Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Lines some more

C

Charlie '64

Hello, I read with interest the thread from Michael 427 concerning his brake problems. I'm having the same problems with my '64 with drum brakes. I've had a reputable shop look over the system, and they could find no obvious reason explaining why the car pulls when I first apply the brakes. The brake line solution makes sense. I can't imagine this would be a problem for just later model disc brake systems. Could it also be the solution for my drum brake system? The lines appear OK from the outside, but they also appear to be original equipment, so this could be my problem. Thanks :w

Had similar problem with my '64. Got around problem by replacing BOTH front drums. My pulling problem started after replacing the Master cylinder, both front wheel cylinders and only ONE drum. Good luck.

If your flex hoses appear old and don't have any dates on them, they're at least 16 years old, and should be replaced. You can't tell from the outside if they're deteriorating and have swelled closed (or nearly so) by looking at them. With a single-reservoir master cylinder, you don't want to take any chances with the brake system.

Thanks for the help, gives me something to go on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom