Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Upgrade - Help

Speedbird

Corvette
07 Silver C6 Callaway
Hi all. Am still running with standard brakes and its not adequate for this kind of power plus my heavy right foot :eek:hnoes I need more stopping power. I would be most grateful for any advice/recommendations for a braking system upgrade - rotors, pads etc which would allow me to maintain the 18/19 factory wheel combination (am getting Dymags in the same sizes soon). Thanks in advance folks!

Since you're already on 18s and 19s, check with Stoptec.

Callaway Cars has partnered with Stoptec on their specific brakes :cool

Great (six-piston) binders, zero-fade rotors :cool

Callaway Cars has partnered with Stoptec on their specific brakes :cool

Great (six-piston) binders, zero-fade rotors :cool

I have these on my C16 and they are terrific. They are everything you will want and ever need.....even for a track day event.

Speedbird,

I agree with you... way too much go and not enough stop! ;LOL

I've been waiting for a Callaway logoed caliper and blessed solution as well. In the mean time, light on the foot :ugh

Happy Holidays!

-Luigi
:cool

Hi all. Am still running with standard brakes and its not adequate for this kind of power plus my heavy right foot :eek:hnoes I need more stopping power. I would be most grateful for any advice/recommendations for a braking system upgrade - rotors, pads etc which would allow me to maintain the 18/19 factory wheel combination (am getting Dymags in the same sizes soon). Thanks in advance folks!
Here's some info regarding the Callaway - StopTech brakes collaboration.

These brakes are really superior than anything else out there, drastically out-performing factory Z06 brakes with respect to fade and pad life. The calipers are CAD-designed for maximum stiffness, with practically zero deflection under the heaviest braking loads. The rotors are slotted to evacuate pad dust and gasses, while not susceptible to cracks like drilled rotors. Kits come complete with corrosion-resistant stainless steel braided lines. We have them for all 1997 to 2008 Corvettes. Prices are reasonable, too: $2895 for front, $2495 for rear, $5390 for front & rear kits. ($2995 for front Z06, $5490 for front & rear Z06 kits)

Please give us a call at Callaway if you have any questions (860) 434-9002, 8 am - 5 pm, eastern US time.

SEMA07Brakes2.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom