Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake upgrade??

Corvette
1995 Vert
Hey guys, I'm going to upgrade the brakes on my 95 Vert and was wondering if it's as easy as it looks. Whay all do I need to have on hand to complete this job?

Front: Calipers adapters, rotors, pads,SS brake lines. Is that it??

Rear: Calipers, rotors, pads, SS brake lines....and do I still need adapters here. Since the rear doesn't do as much braking as the front could I use my existing front calipers and rotors on the rear? Not trying to cheap out just being curious.

I have 18x10.5 on the rear and 17x9.5 on the front. Thanks.

If I remember right, the 13" brakes for the ZR1 are the largest ones that will fit the 17" wheel. Check befor you buy.

Rear: could I use my existing front calipers and rotors on the rear? .
No provision for park brake on front calipers.Most likely need a custom caliper adapter as not aware of anything available and most only do a pad /rotor upgrade on rear

If I remember right, the 13" brakes for the ZR1 are the largest ones that will fit the 17" wheel.
The J55 calipers as used on ZR1's (13" HD ) will fit 16" factory rims made by Enkei only.
C5 caliper will not clear factory 17" sawblades without grinding on the caliper.Most change to A molds

The J55 calipers as used on ZR1's (13" HD ) will fit 16" factory rims made by Enkei only.
C5 caliper will not clear factory 17" sawblades without grinding on the caliper.Most change to A molds

what do you mean by A molds?

13" rotors with the dual piston caliper DO fit the 16" rim.
Its from Corvette America....and they ship 6 days a week...
Ordering mine soon...

oh yeah,. stainless lines, upgrades in rear with bigger drilled rotors...

ITLL-STOP $1100 or less.

so let me get this straight, the 13" rotors DO fit the 16" enkai rims but the 13" rotors DON'T fit stock 17" stock "90 sawblade rims. (rotors refers to the c5 upgrade kit)

i have been confused about this for a while for some odd reason. thanks for the help!

so let me get this straight, the 13" rotors DO fit the 16" enkai rims but the 13" rotors DON'T fit stock 17" stock "90 sawblade rims.
i have been confused

CALIPERS; not rotors
The C5 caliper is bigger than J55 HD Caliper which will fit the correct 16" wheel as noted above.
If you ran a 13" rotor with no caliper you could fit a 14' wheel

all it amounts to is that to keep 16" rims AND have big brakes you are limited to the choices, of maybe 2, and if you have Enkie rims, there is a 3rd. A 17" rim gives you a few more options but not the same as what you would have used for the 16....

That did'nt help much did it?

I read what I wrote and now I'm confused...

TRUE the C-5 caliper pads are about 25 percent larger than the J55 pad.

I installed the 13 inch rotors with C-5 calipers Hawk HP pads and a DRM spring in the master cylinder that adds 30 percent more braking to the rear.
I had to go with 17" A molds difference in the brakes is awesome.

this is confusing. lolz.

the sawblades are awesome, and i want to keep them. but apperently bigger c5 brake system wont fit them. this sucks....

I think ZO6 brakes WILL fit 17's...besides, there are big brakes everywhere for 17" rims, only 1 or 2 for 16".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom