Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brakeline Replacement on 92

Corvette
1984 Black Coupe (sold) 1992 White Convertible
I have what appears to be one or 2 brake lines in the rear that are leaking. I jacked the car up on the driver's side and noticed that there are 4 brake lines tie wrapped together going into what appears to be a hollow box. I haven't pinpointed exactly which line is leaking but wanted to see if anyone has any advice on replacing these..I've never seen a setup like this before where a portion of the lines isn't visible?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.:beer

The so to speak hollow box is the ABS system. This is located beheind the drivers seat. the unit can be accessed by removing the screw that holds down the hatch panel behind the seat.

I have worked on many c4s never had the brake lines go bad.

tcxd40

The so to speak hollow box is the ABS system. This is located beheind the drivers seat. the unit can be accessed by removing the screw that holds down the hatch panel behind the seat.

I have worked on many c4s never had the brake lines go bad.

tcxd40

These lines are rusted and leaking right before they enter in the box. Doesn't appear to be a fun job!;help

You may find the leak is at the ABS unit and the fluid is following the lines to the lowest point.

is the ABS unit known to leak? Just take those 4 bolts off that cover and I'll see it? Thanks.

Once you have access to the unit you should be able to see where the fluid is coming from. ABS units have been known to go bad, do they leak, good question? You may have a rotted line, I have not seen one one rot, however I guess it can happen.
tcxd40

So do i need to remove the nuts from under the cover (under the car)or is there a way to access this from behind the seat? I already have the car jacked up and on jackstands, just not sure where to start. Thanks again.

So do i need to remove the nuts from under the cover (under the car)or is there a way to access this from behind the seat? I already have the car jacked up and on jackstands, just not sure where to start. Thanks again.

Just laid under the car and took off all the nuts on the cover, however cover seemed stuck in place. Took the three bolts from center of cover out and cover is still stuck. Went in drivers side compartment inside car and noticed those 3 bolts must have been holding ABS unit in place. No trace of fluid leak inside box, but I still can't access the brake lines without taking the cover off underneath.. Has anyone ever done a brake line job on this car? ;help

Just laid under the car and took off all the nuts on the cover, however cover seemed stuck in place. Took the three bolts from center of cover out and cover is still stuck. Went in drivers side compartment inside car and noticed those 3 bolts must have been holding ABS unit in place. No trace of fluid leak inside box, but I still can't access the brake lines without taking the cover off underneath.. Has anyone ever done a brake line job on this car? ;help

Still can't seem to figure this out. I've searched previous posts on this site and various other sites, but none have a description of the routing of the brakelines in the rear of the car. Looks like they go into the ABS unit but I can't see them??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom