Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brakes - No more Pulsing, but...

milehigreg

Corvette
1989 Dark Red Coupe
I have had a brake pulsing issue for a while now and finally decided to change out the rotors. Replaced rotors and pads all around this weekend and the pulsing is gone. But, the passenger front caliper would not bleed properly. Even with full brake pedal pressure, the brake fluid would only ooze out even with the bleeder completely removed. The brakes seem to work fine. Cause for concern?

I have had a brake pulsing issue for a while now and finally decided to change out the rotors. Replaced rotors and pads all around this weekend and the pulsing is gone. But, the passenger front caliper would not bleed properly. Even with full brake pedal pressure, the brake fluid would only ooze out even with the bleeder completely removed. The brakes seem to work fine. Cause for concern?
Yeah,Maybe!!:thumb Check your brake hose,it maybe deteriorating inside and blocking fluid flow!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Even with full brake pedal pressure, the brake fluid would only ooze out even with the bleeder completely removed. The brakes seem to work fine. Cause for concern?

It would be cause for concern for me. Take off the brake hose to the caliper and see how it flows.

Better yet, replace both of them, they get weak and old as they age, not worth the chance of problems .

Better yet, replace both of them, they get weak and old as they age, not worth the chance of problems .

But whether the hose is a problem or not remains to be seen. If the caliper is blocked from hose debris, a new caliper will have the same issue.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom