Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

brakes not again

chevy6673

Corvette
1973 Corvette ,1966 ss impala
my 73vette did this to me 1 time last year and now again the brake light goes on when i step on brakes so i opened the mastercylinder and again the back reservoir is empty no biggie i took back wheels off and looked for leak but there is none so i full up back reservoir again and have someone step on brakes still do not see leaks and nothing dripping from lines ,that i can see and the reservoir is still full ,whats next thanks 4 any help

my 73vette did this to me 1 time last year and now again the brake light goes on when i step on brakes so i opened the mastercylinder and again the back reservoir is empty no biggie i took back wheels off and looked for leak but there is none so i full up back reservoir again and have someone step on brakes still do not see leaks and nothing dripping from lines ,that i can see and the reservoir is still full ,whats next thanks 4 any help

If it isn't leaking from the lines or calipers, it's probably leaking out the rear of the master cylinder, into the booster; if you have manual brakes, it's probably soaked the dash mat inside the car (up where the pedal support attaches to the firewall) with brake fluid.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom