Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! ???brakes???

gofastlarry

Corvette
2001 black vert
i just put some nice shiney new ruff racing wheels on my baby :) i got ambitious and cleaned and painted the caliapers. now the rotors look like s@#T. soooooo i guess its time to get new rotors, off course they will be drilled and slotted. my question is which ones? there is a ton of them for sale on ebay. and the price on all of them is so different:W im looking for some feed back on brands to buy ( and to stay away from ). i dont want to change the caliapers, just pads and rotors. and what about no dust pads ???? thanks in advance:beer

does anyone know about putting larger rotors on. i was curious if you had to change the calipers for that

I would think that if you put larger rotors on, the existing Calipers would not work. I believe that you would have to go aftermarket (ie Baer, Brembo, etc) unless the brake parts from the new C6's can be bolted on. ;shrug

does anyone know about putting larger rotors on. i was curious if you had to change the calipers for that
somebody might make a caliper mount for that
I don't really know

does anyone have any sugestions on brand? how much should pads and rotors cost?

After 46k miles on my C5 and still on the OEM brake rotors/pads I'm in the market for some bling brakes. While I don't track my C5 (various racing forum posts really frown on drilled/slotted rotors and recommend stock type solid rotors) I do occasionally run autocrosses whcih should not adversely affect drilled/slotted rotors. Apparently drilled rotors tend to crack at the holes under the high temps produced from tracking. I did find dimpled/slotted rotors which will be my "spring" mods. Check out brakeperformance.com for these dimpled/slotted rotors and they'll give you free semi-metallic pads. Looks good and the prices are really reasonable.

I purchased a set of BAER Eradi Speed Rotors (Drilled and Slotted) for my 04. I picked them up from WCC in Ca. I see they are going for about $1K as a set of four these days. What I like the best about them is the rears are 2 inches larger diameter and they fill the inner wheel much nicer. The kit comes with relocation brackets to move the rear calipers outward for the larger diameter rotors. Very easy to install by yourself and a very nice look. I don't get out on the track, but I have not noticed any cracks eminating from any holes. Sorry I don't have a better picture handy but you can see the difference here on the rear.
Cheers
attachment.php

:thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom