Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bra's to wear or not to wear???

V

viet69

We saw some cloth bra and mirror covers at the Anniversary celebration at the museum. But now I can't remember the vendor. They were in side in the new wing but that is all I remember. I was going to get the clear bra but after pricing that changed my mind. Please advise. Viet

I'm interested too.
Also, anybody have one on their car and notice any adverse affects such as scratching?

I had a clear bra installed the first thing on my 08 .Best investment I've made for my car.GM Junkie did it and I didn't think it was that bad cost wise .It's been on over a year and it's performed very well .

Had one for years on various cars, I always buy Wolf and have never had scratched paint. Had one on my Volvo when I went to NH and back, only thing that I got was a dull line where the cloth not coated by cotton touched the car, Used cleaner wax and came right off.
Great investment if you go on to the highway a lot or come across a constrution area or if you live somewhere where there is bugs.

We saw some cloth bra and mirror covers at the Anniversary celebration at the museum. But now I can't remember the vendor. They were in side in the new wing but that is all I remember. I was going to get the clear bra but after pricing that changed my mind. Please advise. Viet

It you were looking at bras at the NCM, they were probably Speed Lingerie. I have the Speed Lingerie for my '08 and I'm happy with it. It's hard to put on but then it's guarranted not to wiggle at triple digit speeds and I believe it. They are not cheap either.

As with any cloth bra, you need to take them off and clean them and the car anytime they get wet or you have driven in a lot of dust and dirt. If dirt/bugs get between the bra and the car and stays there long enough, the bra will act like sand paper and ruin the paint.

I also put a few extra coats of my favorite paint protector (C-Magic) on the nose before I put the bra on just because.

It you were looking at bras at the NCM, they were probably Speed Lingerie. I have the Speed Lingerie for my '08 and I'm happy with it. It's hard to put on but then it's guarranted not to wiggle at triple digit speeds and I believe it. They are not cheap either.

As with any cloth bra, you need to take them off and clean them and the car anytime they get wet or you have driven in a lot of dust and dirt. If dirt/bugs get between the bra and the car and stays there long enough, the bra will act like sand paper and ruin the paint.

I also put a few extra coats of my favorite paint protector (C-Magic) on the nose before I put the bra on just because.
with the cost of these,$500 you might as well install the the clear bra for a few $$$ more and don't have to go thru all the trouble of putting it on and taking it off

bra's

Only if you get a good one. i bought a cheap one and it did take off the clear coat. It was a La Bra brand and i will not buy another one.

with the cost of these,$500 you might as well install the the clear bra for a few $$$ more and don't have to go thru all the trouble of putting it on and taking it off

With the clear bra, it's on all the time and, IMHO, it detracts from appearance at shows. Since I show my car, I still prefer to remove the bra when I get to the show and put it back on when I leave - if the show it out of town that is. Around town, my bra isn't on the car.

Tuna I think you are correct. That name rings a bell. I will check them out. Thanks Viet

I had a Speed Lingerie bra and eventually sold it after almost 2 years. It was practically impossible to put on, and definitely was without assistance. That alone was a major detractor for me since, as it has been stated, you have to take it off often to ensure it isn't rubbing your paint. Mine didn't, but I have a friend whose front end was seriously affected by the SL bra.

I had a clear bra installed the first thing on my 08 .Best investment I've made for my car.GM Junkie did it and I didn't think it was that bad cost wise .It's been on over a year and it's performed very well .
I like them so well,I've got one to install on my Spiral Gray as soon as I refinish the front bumper!:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Veteboy is the bra noticeable? Who did it for you?It looks like clear tint!Do you remember what the price was?

Veteboy is the bra noticeable? Who did it for you?It looks like clear tint!Do you remember what the price was?
I installed it,the price was a little less than $700.00 installed with all the body side protection!Front Bumper,Lower Front Fenders,Rockers,Wheel Openings,Door Edges,Qtr panels and Rear Bumper Side Panels!:thumb You have to Look hard and know it's there to tell it's there!:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

You have to look for it to know it's there.I've never had anyone even know it's there unless I mentioned it first.You wax it and treat it just like the rest of the car.I have no regrets and would do it again.I'd have Junkie do it though ,a real craftsman.

Bought a black GM bra and used it for two road trips in our C6. Both times flapping corner caused paint damage but otherwise probably protected more than hurt. Figure at $100 for the bra then $50 per trip for some protection. Touch up paint took care of paint damage. Anyone want the bra? Pick it up for free; no I won't ship.

The museum has a strechable bra listed for $149.00. Doesn't say what brand it is! I sure don't want paint damage though I know that. Viet:thumb

I am Totally Amazed...

This thread has 228 views and 17 replys and no one has changed the direction with a "push'em up" or "cross your heart" comment...

Wow, I am impressed! :boogie

This thread has 228 views and 17 replys and no one has changed the direction with a "push'em up" or "cross your heart" comment...

Head'um Up,Move'um Out "RawHide"!!:D

Okay, here goes: My Speed Lingerie bra doesn't allow any wiggle or jiggle at 150 MPH.
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom