Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bruiser Lives!!!!!! TZracer's first drive!!!

Man! What a high!!!! I think we have sensory overload! Every car addict knows what the overdose is like and we are still enjoying it.

Not only the first drive, but the two black beasts together, side by side, with the sounds of the pipes bouncing off each other was magic.

No sleep last night and Dave is still grinning, but the racer in him is back to work. I called home and he's had the wheels off, checked the brake calipers, pads, the underside of the car and was checking the header bolts. The complete going over is underway. The good news is that so far everything is in good order.

Yes, this is the normal process for the race car, but hopefully after a few times out, we won't need to check everything, every time! But then, all this is why I trust him on the track and riding shotgun for him on the street.

Chris, we did turn some heads last night, didn't we!

Sue (Mrs. TZ Racer)

Dave and sue,WOW what a great looking car,enjoy it.

have to post an audio clip

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Coolness, ultra! Thanks for the perty pics.

Brings back some nice memories of my '71 w/ Hooker pipes.

I'd just love to have that oneback, but failin hat, I'll setle for the audio clip.

Waiting....waiting... LOL

Enjoy the ride, guys. as I'm enjoying my quick, aggressive sounding '84.

Now I have to go for ANOTHER drive!!
:wmike:v

BTW, are either of you running TPI on those beasts? If so, I'd like to know the details, or my next project. TIA

TZRacer & Sue,

Reading your post has really got me on a high about finishing my Vette. I am about the same place as 70VETTE454 is in his rebuild. I lifted the body off last month and am still in the teardown mode. I am ready to be in the building mode! Wish I could see Bruiser and Killer in person, maybe sometime when I am over that way I can stop by.

Again, Congratulations!

Bill :upthumbs

Congratulations Dave and Sue on the completion of one awesome Corvette. I'll bet Chris' neighbors were running out to save their children when both cars were running.

Tom

Re: have to post an audio clip

WhalePirot said:
ABSOLUTELY!!!!

BTW, are either of you running TPI on those beasts? If so, I'd like to know the details, or my next project. TIA

I am running electronic port fuel injection on the 69 from Edelbrock. It is called Pro Flo EFI.

I am able to program it from a dedicated control unit and make real time adjustments while driving down the road or sitting in a parking lot.

It is cool not to even have to open the hood, and change the idle speed, cruise fuel rates, ignition curve....etc. etc.

Dave is running a big mother carb. You can actually watch it dropping huge amounts of fuel down the throat when he takes the air cleaner off. It is amazing!

Hey Chris
that sounds like a plan OR is that a challange!!!! :Steer
well, ill need your help on that one, you know that right.
what sounds better the a 2 set of side pipes going down the highway to OctoberVette next year.......Three sets.... count me in.
well i got to get back to work if i want to be there next year.
Later,
dave

70 VETTE 454 said:
Hey Chris
that sounds like a plan OR is that a challange!!!! :Steer
well, ill need your help on that one, you know that right.
what sounds better the a 2 set of side pipes going down the highway to OctoberVette next year.......Three sets.... count me in.
well i got to get back to work if i want to be there next year.
Later,
dave

You are lucky because your basic frame is in great shape, and minimal rust in the body metal.

You already have a kick butt big block, and most of the car is there.

So, as long as you don't get too deep in any one area, there is no reason why that car can't be ready by OctoberVette. However, that means you have to bust your butt every spare moment you have to keep it moving in the right direction.

As soon as you have that frame ready, we will press your busings in. Before long we can go through the motor...and get ready to drop the body back on the frame.

You need to save your penny's up for the L88 Fares. I will guide you though the whole process.

Chris -awesome job on the flares

Dave -congratulations on the re-birth of your vette.

Chris count on Thunder to be at Octobervettes this year. With Bruiser and Killer there, Thunder should round out the posse look of three black, muscle bulging BB's! We may get some attention!
What a great pic this will make! I hope Dave has alot of success with his engine choice, with his experience it should be no less than awesome!!!
Great shots of two great Florida Vettes with a whole lot of work and money, invested.
Should be some sweet music coming from all our Hooker side pipes, I can't wait now!
Posse Bro

<just a question, what type of wheels are they? and what are the dimensions?>

The wheels are from John Purner at Complete Custom Wheels in Daytona. The fronts are 10.5x18 and the rears are 12x18. The backspace is 4.5 in the front and 5 in the rear.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom