Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Build Sheet (Broadcast Sheet)

Corvette
2016 C7.R Z06 "ROSA" - black 'Vert w/yellow accent
Folks,

Wondering if anyone knows how one would go about finding the Buildsheet (guess they were formerly called Broadcast Sheets) on a 1963 SWC? Were these placed on the car
like the stories we hear about them being on the gas tank, etc.?

Sure would love to find the one for my new/old 1963 baby.

FYI - still working on getting pictures posted for the CAC of my 1963 and 2001

BTW - I know you can get restoration packages from the NCM - have already talked to them and they are sending me what they have for 1963 - just wondering if GM ever archived any of the old records someplace!? I know, wishful thinking! (VBG)

PPS - called the Virginia DMV and tried to do a records check for the VIN of my 1963 - well their system is just like all the other's - if your VIN is for a car older than about 1981 they will find no information! The software/database is looking for the new VIN format not the old 12 character VIN like in 1963!@@@@@@@@@ Still haven't heard anything from the New Jersey DMV.

Sorry, there are no production records, build sheets, or any other GM documentation available for any Corvettes built at St. Louis; "tank stickers" didn't start until 1967, and there's no source for them either if the one for the car is missing. The only exception is for Corvettes originally sold new in Canada, and there weren't many of those.

John,

thanks for the response - I knew it was a longshot but thought I would ask.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom