Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bumper covers

chevy6673

Corvette
1973 Corvette ,1966 ss impala
anyone have a good used front and back bumper cover 4 a 1975 vette .. thanks

Go for new ones.
Mine were cracked when i bought my car. I tried to repair them, but the 30+ years old urethane is so brittle that it just fell apart.

Go for new ones.
Mine were cracked when i bought my car. I tried to repair them, but the 30+ years old urethane is so brittle that it just fell apart.
did you go urethane or fiberglass

I sold my 75 last summer, now I just have the 2000. 3 years ago I replaced the front with a fiberglass one (I was being cheap). It took a lot of work to get a nice looking fit (fit it before you paint) but once it was done it looked good. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have gone with the GM licensed urethane.

did you go urethane or fiberglass

Fiberglass (or flexi-glass or whatever it is called, that is supposed to be a little more flexible). I've only changed the back one though.

As born2saw said, it takes some work to get it good. Don't expect the fit to be 100% when you get it.
Also, I spent a lot of time to remove the old one, but at that time I thouth that it could be repaired. If I had to do it again I'd just rip it apart. Buy the new type of retainers that can be found in most catalogs to install the new one.

I have a new fiberglass bumper that I would sell at a real resonable price. I have replaced the rear one with a fiberglass and it wasn't any problem compared to the front one.

I have a new fiberglass bumper that I would sell at a real resonable price. I have replaced the rear one with a fiberglass and it wasn't any problem compared to the front one.
at this time not sure if i am going to use fiberglass or not, how much is resonable is it for frt or back that your selling

I have a 1977 used urethane front bumper cover and a 1982 urethane rear bumper. There is a small tear (~1") on the rear bumper on the bottom.

Would these fit on a 75?

I have a 1977 used urethane front bumper cover and a 1982 urethane rear bumper. There is a small tear (~1") on the rear bumper on the bottom.

Would these fit on a 75?
not sure.. i want to stay with the 75 look,,and not mix years,, it may be the same i will ck and get back to you thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom