Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

burn an '88 ecm prom?

badabing9

Corvette
greetings,

when replacing the ecm on an 88 vette, do i simply release the two clips on the sides of the prom and simply transfer it to the new computer?

2nd,
is there any forum member that could burn me two (2) proms, completely stock, for my car? if so, what info do ya need? can a scanner pull up that info?

......thanks!

Yes, the two latches should pop it right out...but it's not just the EPROM, it's a MEMCAL module which consists of the EPROM and some ESC circuitry.

If you can provide the MEMCAL modules I have the equipment to erase and reprogram them. The safest way to make sure it's the correct .bin file is to read it from the MEMCAL module you want to copy. If that's not possible, the file you need may be on the DIY-EFI FTP site. Look for a 4-character code on the module somewhere that starts with "A" and report back.

Bill

geekinavette said:
Yes, the two latches should pop it right out...but it's not just the EPROM, it's a MEMCAL module which consists of the EPROM and some ESC circuitry.

If you can provide the MEMCAL modules I have the equipment to erase and reprogram them. The safest way to make sure it's the correct .bin file is to read it from the MEMCAL module you want to copy. If that's not possible, the file you need may be on the DIY-EFI FTP site. Look for a 4-character code on the module somewhere that starts with "A" and report back.

Bill

greetings,
***check your E-MAIL***

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom