Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

buy a new Opti?

ruby-red

Corvette
1993 ruby red
I’m looking to buy a new opti, I have a few questions, I see some places sell just the cap and rotor, and I have seen the complete OPTI SPARK DISTRIBUTOR what would you recommend and were I can get the best price?

Buy the original GM opti. It is only about $350 and worth it.

Don't buy the Summit branded one for $250, it is ok, but not as good as the GM. I know from personal experience.

I just replaced mine as the old original one where soaked during a heavy rainstorm this summer. Left the car in the garage for 4 weeks when being away for work and when i came home it started to idle very rough and then just died. No spark at all. Replace the whole thing when you first have to get to it. I did buy the vented MSD opti and are very pleased with it. They are quite expensive but should last.

It is a pain in the neck to get to the opti so i replaced the coil, waterpump and the ignition module at the same time and new plug wires to.

I don't know.....I put a Genuine GM on only to have the cap start tracking, so I took it off and put on the MSD unit.

I’m looking to buy a new opti, I have a few questions, I see some places sell just the cap and rotor, and I have seen the complete OPTI SPARK DISTRIBUTOR what would you recommend and were I can get the best price?
Go to aipelectronics.com and check out their site. I bought an Optispark from them to just have a spare. The quality looks good and the price was $129.00. Read what they have to say about their product. It sounded good to me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom