Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buying a C6 at Sticker.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CFour

OK, to claiify my point. Im not saying the offer given here is a "bad deal" or a bad thing. I really think its a fair price on a first year model. BUT, folks I think all the points need to be revealed here. Putting 2K down on a car you have not ever seen at sticker is a 2 way street. If the car is UGLY it could be a boon for the dealer and you could get stuck with a bad deal. Just because C5 was a success at its introduction DOES NOT MEAN C6 will be. I think the possibility is that it will be liked but if its a "soft" introduction the car could be quickly discounted by dealers and a "sticker" sale could be a huge loss. I also feel the deal mentioned here is an honest one BUT AGAIN there are a lot of blanks not talked about like production delays allocation, and a bail out clause if it does not happen as he says. I see no reason why this dealer or any other dealer wont publish the fine details of his/her offer here. If there is a bail out clause and some fairness dialed in It's a fair deal. I just hate people to be "taken" over the "excitement" of the car and doing something stupid with out seeing through the "fine print". Sure "call for details" is fine but I like to see it in writing, word for word so many Dealers have a "forgetful mind" these days without a detailed written agreement. So send in your 2K, but lets see the whole picture first ASK QUESTIONS and lets see the whole picture in writing folks!!! :)

-Ross

Rob I have had it with this JERK it is him or me you make the call.:mad :mad :mad :mad

OH MY!! This is interesting. Name calling, Oh Well.

Cfour makes valid points here, and I do not think he is a jerk for pointing these out. Additionally, making threats to get someone kicked from the forum is pretty juvenile.

Folks this is very simple if you do not like the deal dont take it. I have NEVER in five years and over 500 Corvette owners tried to take advantage of anyone period. I have a perfect 4.0 CSI with GM and I am very proud of it. If you want to wait until more is known about the C6 before making a desicion that is great.

No one here is saying you are trying to take any one buddy. All im saying is its a good idea not to jump the gun, and get everything in writing "AND THINK" before sending in the check. There are some dealers that will screw a lot of people out there on a C6. . The honest ones will be open and honest about the sale/contract they are offering. I dont think caution when entering into a 50K contract is unreasonable. Do You?

-Ross

Will this pricing be avaliable after the C6 is revealed? Or, will your pricing increase?

Fair would be to still offer that deal even after it's shown, at least a month after.

No I dont think it is unreasonable. I will gladly ans. any and all questions that a customer has as I have always done. What I do think is unreasonable is you posting negitive post about everything I offer here.

I offer these post as proof;

Why that figure 2K? Is your store strapped for cash? Will you pay a dividend on that money? What if the C6 falls victim to the same fate as the Cadillac XLR?? Still no cars. What if March comes around and there is still no allocation to dealers stated? Will you then Gladly refund the deposits? Sending a Dealer 2K for a car order is fine and dandy, but there are to many blanks to fill in here for myself to send you a check with what you just stated. Please clairify this for us.

So Rob, what you are saying is you would just hand over 2 grand and not know the fine details from someone on the internet??? Hmmm I could use 1K, I promise to pay it back sometime

There are some dealers that will screw a lot of people out there on a C6

:mad

I see the more things change the more they stay the same.

Ross, Rick,
Since you two seem to not be able to come to any common ground and choose to air your difference here, I have this to say to both of you, and to anyone else that want to enter into this fray...
RARE81, Bud Dougherty Forums Administrator:

You two have locked horns here a lot, to be honest I AVOID this section of CAC, since it seems to have turned into a couple of bully’s on a playground. You two guys need to walk a mile in the others shoes.

For what it’s worth, I would hate to see either one of you leave CAC. You both bring a perspective to the community that is unique. When individuals here at CAC start to personally attack another member, or a members posts in a thread to solict a reaction it becomes useless to try to moderate or to administor the thread. What is even worse is when members form sides and start throwing stones at each other. I do NOT accept altimatums very well, usually the outcome doesn’t make anyone happy. I plan to leave this thread open and hope that using pointed remarks come to a stop. What are pointed remarks you ask… “using punctuation”, affects to make a point or SHOUTING at another member..

I ask everyone here to be open minded and to walk a mile in the posters shoes before hitting the Reply Key.

Other forums have rules aginst bashing a "for sale" post regardless of who it came from, member or vendor. It is a simple thing if you dont like the price or the terms them move on to another post. I rest my case.

Rick is a supporting member here at CAC . I'm not sure what that means but it probably does give him a right to sell his products here . Could we have a moderator clarify this please ? That being said Rick , I think your best bet would be just to answer all questions openly and honestly . I don't think your trying to pull anything on anyone either . Unfortunately , some car dealers have given the whole industry a bad reputation . Especially with all their supposed sales that don't amount to anything but numbers games . Personally , i do trust you and would buy a new Vette from you if I could afford it . Cliff

DkBG said:
Rick is a supporting member here at CAC . I'm not sure what that means but it probably does give him a right to sell his products here . Could we have a moderator clarify this please ? .... . Cliff

By becoming a "Community Vendor" you're able to present your company's products to thousands of visitors every month. Registered Community Vendors can take advantage of the following benefits:

You can provide more information about your company such as
  • company description
  • contact information
  • banner/logo, etc.
  • Community Vendors can provide detailed information on their products
  • upload product images, and attachments (e.g. dynamometer charts, marketing brochures, shipping info, etc.)
Using their username and password, Community Vendors can log into the system at any time and update their company and product information to display sales and promotional events.

A small, annual fee is charged for each Vendor to become a Community Vendor and take advantage of this excellent opportunity. Once the Vendor is approved and the annual fee is paid, the Vendor will be assigned a username and password which they can use to log in and upload their company products and information. To open your account, please contact us and become a Community Vendor today!

Bud

It's all about free speech.

I can care less who is selling what and what price buying a C6 at MSRP when it comes out is normal. Honda has been selling there minivan at sticker for years.

It's all about supply and demand basic economics. Unless you need to be the first 20 Vettes sold at your local Chevy dealer you shold be able to get a C6 at sticker at any dealer next summer.

The hype will cool off soon after and then normal dicounts will be available.

Let freedom ring!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Cliff.

The offer I am making is very simple. We have started a list of customers that wish to place an early order for the 2005 C6 Corvette. These customers have made a decision that they want a C6 and know enough about it at this time to make such a decision. With a $2000.00 deposit we will place their name on this list and when GM releases the ordering info. we will then contact them and go over all of the available options and colors so as they can custom order their C6. These orders will be placed as the names appear on the list. Is the deposit non-refundable, yes it is as every deposit we take is. When the C5 came out we had many customers place a deposit with us and then several other dealers at the same time. Who ever got the car in first is who they went with and then wanted all of the other deposits back. This was a accounting nightmare and we do not wish to go their again. Once the order has been placed with GM and for what ever reason short of death that the car is not delivered to the customer it COULD be seen by GM as an effort on our part to pad our allocation for more Corvettes. This cannot happen, so by asking for a non-refundable deposit it doesn't. We play by the rules with GM and that will not change. If you have enough of info that you wish to place an early order for a C6 Corvette then give me a call, if not then that is great as well. When you do then give me a call. :)

Long Reply re: my rights as a Consumer

I am usually the last one to step in unless its a defense or request for further info.

I will state my true and honest feelings as a consumer. That should be respected and taken into consideration when doing your sales, marketing, and posting.

Your Post (ad):
When I first read Rick's post about pre buying the C6, I read it as a consumer and not an 11 year veteran of the Marketing Industry.
My gut reaction was to avoid this dealer. Im sorry Rick, nothing personal. I don't know you and have had no dealings with you or anyone who HAS had dealings with you. But it did not read like a solid deal.

Your marketing campaign failed to earn my business with that post.
It may have not been thought out properly. It might have been a simple "feeler" for you to see what kind of interest there was for the C6 model. (or meant to generate a pulse)

Regardless, if your marketing department had proofread your post for you, it would have seen the obvious flaws, loopholes, and general red flags, that your post had and much of this would have been avoided.

You are representing your business and personal reputation here on a world wide forum. I am sure you take that into account when dealing with the purchasing public each and every day.

I have to agree with everyone here in that your Deal on the pre purchase of a C6 simply lacked the "small print".
It was entirely too general to earn my business.

Providing a web page describing your offer in full detail would have been much more productive. Then, after having a few established customers read the offer, (upon their approval of it) promote the heck out of that deal.

I assume this is not the first time you have offered a sale promotion like this to the public or a web forum.
"I have NEVER in five years and over 500 Corvette owners tried to take advantage of anyone period. I have a perfect 4.0 CSI with GM...."
Is this style of Pre Sales Campaign how you introduced new potential customers to your business in the past? Was this successful for you?

Now I very possibly could have mis-read your original pre order offer. What I, the hard working income spending consumer, took from the offer was that I could give you $2000 today, in exchange for a promise from you that I would get a C6 corvette from your dealership sometime in 2004. (period)

This pretty much leaves the customer's mind, imagination, and track history to fill in the blanks. There lies the problem with your campaign and the fuel behind everyone's questioning and doubting.

Building Trust:
We have no testimonials from past customers, whether positive or negative, to determine for ourselves what kind of business you run. Not every deal can be a seamless one. Consumers know this and are more afraid of businesses that claim 100% satisfaction ratings. No one has that actual record. Its all marketing and advertising fluff! Tell us about how you went the extra mile to remedy a problem with a delivery. Show us you are #1 Human, and #2 that you do care that the customer gets a fair deal on the product they want. This will earn you customer loyalty.

We want to believe that everyone that makes a promise in an email, forum post, or even a phone conversation, will stand behind that promise.
But you and I both know that this simply is not true anymore. If its not in writing, its not going to hold any water. Knowing this from the outset simply means that you must cover each and every detail of your offer when you are asking for someone's cash in exchange for "blind faith" trust.

Simply stating, "call me for more information" does not cut it in my book and obviously not in the pocketbooks of some other consumers. Also stating in another post "if you don't like the deal, you don't have to buy from me" is a huge mistake and I sincerely hope that statement was typed out of anger or a feeling of being threatened. Negative energy travels much further than positive in this world. Be careful. Even if it means eating crow for a few weeks, I would much rather stay in business by remembering " the customer is always right ".

Furthermore, I think Ross (Cfour) does not truly believe the things he wrote. He simply is a fan of talk radio and conveyed his gut reactions in that style. He only wanted to get the readers to Think before they blindly mailed off a check. He wants more substance offered up before a deal can be considered. I also believe that he wanted to prompt you into re-writing that C6 pre sale offer. That was his goal in my eyes.

I have no doubt that this is a fine fine offer you are making on the new Corvettes.

Would you please give the consumer something professional, informative, thoroughly explained, and complete, in order for them to make a more informed and conscious decision here?
Re-read some of the posts regarding your offer. Take them with a non personal approach. These are comments about your post, not your character or business.
Make notes and address each and every point made. Also, the phone calls that you have generated should have given you a tremendous outline in creating your second draft Offer Campaign. I would guarantee that each person has asked nearly the same questions and held similar concerns.
That there should have thrown a red flag and shown you that #1 you would get some slap back from this, and #2 that you needed to do a new copy on that pre sale C6 offer.

Again, please understand that I have no purpose here but to state my Consumer Opinion. Companies pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for this kind of honest and personal feedback. Please take it with a non personal directive and I hope that you will find the time to address some of our collective concerns on the Pre Sale C6 reservations. We all appreciate your participation on the Corvette Action Center.

Sincerely,
Rain Jaudon
Biloxi, MS

Yet again, I get called in here to babysit a bunch of damn two year olds. When the hell are you people going to grow up????

While Ross, had a couple good points, so too did Rick. If the consumer wants more information from Rick, or any other sales agent, ask them and leave out the damn personal remarks.

On the other hand, Rick, I don't appreciate ultimatums, especially, when you are NOT a paying vendor here and you are using these forums for free as we agreed upon. I have worked with you in the past in trying to address your concerns for lack of sales through this site and I have basically bent over backwards to try and accomodate your needs. In the future, please refrain from giving me ultimatims, because I guarantee, I will make the final decisions regardless of whose best interests they are in.

Second, I asked that if there was any further question about Rick's offer, to email Rick privately.

Am I typing in a foreign language or something? NO. Instead, we have a couple members here that don't know how to read English.

Well, I'm done babysitting.

Ross, since you seem to not follow instructions, lack tact and incessantly **** people off while hiding behind the excuse of "I just try to make people think", you are now under moderation. The next step is to remove you PERMANENTLY, and if that doesn't solve the problems here, I will shut this forum down indefinitely.

I am not a babysitter, and I have my own problems to deal with right now. I need to spend my time more wisely instead of constantly having to deal with the childish bickering here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom