Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - How much to trim the dash pad by the windshield?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
How much do you trim the dash pad?
willy_nilly.gif

Should over hang the edge and get pinched by the windshield assembly?
willy_nilly.gif

Should it be trimmed flush to the edge of the windshield cavity so that it is flush to the edge of the cavity?
willy_nilly.gif

thanks in advance!!!

Herb

Herb,

IMPORTANT: Let the dash pad go under the windshield frame as much as possible. DON'T trim it flush. As the pad ages it will shrink and leave an ugly gap if you don't run it under the windshield.

I trimmed mine to the back of the groove that the bottom seal sets in. I used a small amount of glue to secure it. A heat gun on a low to medium setting will help make the vinyl pliable. You will want to trim as you go and use the glue very sparingly. I had to remove some of the foam in the instrument cluster area and where the passenger package tray inserts sets. I used 40-Grit sand paper to remove some of the foam.

Ray

I trimmed mine to the back of the groove that the bottom seal sets in. I used a small amount of glue to secure it. A heat gun on a low to medium setting will help make the vinyl pliable. You will want to trim as you go and use the glue very sparingly. I had to remove some of the foam in the instrument cluster area and where the passenger package tray inserts sets. I used 40-Grit sand paper to remove some of the foam.

Ray
sorry, I forgot to add that my dash pad is leather covered, will it shrink?

IMG_1246Small-vi.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom