Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 ignition and other switch removal?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
60 - C1
I am at the point of taking the cluster apart and I am not sure how to get the ignition switch, head lights, cigarete lighter etc out of the cluster.

For instance, I can get the ignition switch loose, but that is all I can do. the trim ring on the outside looks like it doesn't clear the ears of where the key goes in. Grrrrrrrr!

Nothing is straight forward. I looked in ST-12 and that was not much help.

clues? point me in the right direction....thanks, Herb

You need to remove the key cylinder. Should be a small hole next to where you insert the key. Stick a paper clip into the hole and with the key in the cylinder turn the key counter-clock wise. The cylinder will come out. Then you can finish unscrewing the bezel nut and remove the switch.

got em...decided that you need a decoder ring to go with them....including the secret putton for the head light pull switch removal......thanks!!!

You need to remove the key cylinder. Should be a small hole next to where you insert the key. Stick a paper clip into the hole and with the key in the cylinder turn the key counter-clock wise. The cylinder will come out. Then you can finish unscrewing the bezel nut and remove the switch.

What if you don't have the key? I'm working on a '63, which has two holes for the paper clip. Which hole does the paper clip go into, both?

Chris

If you don't have the key, you need a locksmith to pick the lock (or you drill it out and destroy it). :eyerole

Little bitty pin hole

Following the loss of what hair I had and breaking the back off the ignition switch, I too discovered :bash the lil bitty pin hole. Only cost a new swithch and a couple of knots on da head.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom