Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Off Road mufflers

L88 crazy

Corvette
1972 Blue T top
I am planning out the exhaust system for my future project 59 and I want to know more about the "Off Road mufflers". What do they sound like and what the inside looks like and so on. Are they just factory glasspacks or a special design? I need as much details as I can get about these mufflers.

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I am planning out the exhaust system for my future project 59 and I want to know more about the "Off Road mufflers". What do they sound like and what the inside looks like and so on. Are they just factory glasspacks or a special design? I need as much details as I can get about these mufflers.
if you mean like side pipes, I have a set for my C1 that I got from Allen Exhaust out of Indiana. I will get some photos hopefully later this week to show how I am running them. I haven't heard them, but they look just like (chambered exhaust) the ones on my '64.

http://www.allencorvetteexhaustsystems.com/

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
I'm not sure that the currently available off road C1 mufflers are built like the originals were. If I remember right the originals have 2 straight through tubes internally. They are not glass packs. They have a unique sound that no aftermarket glasspack can duplicate. My '59 has a set of NOS GM ones on it that I bought way back when they were still available. Even though the car hasn't been started in a couple of decades I can still hear them in my mind and they are :cool

Tom

S

studiog

I installed a set of off road repro mufflers on my 61 they sounded great Definitely louder than stock but much nicer tone and more mellow than glass packs. I would listen to a set if possible before buying. It's very subjective, My wife said it sounded like a motorcycle.:eyerole

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
Mufflers

A subjective sound

Man you aint kidding

If your luckey you can hear a set ,as the mufflers that I have on my 62 I hate. From the link some one posted to allens I called today and I am going to order a set of his chamfered pipes to try and get the 62 to sound more like a muscle car then the current 50's merc sound it has now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom