Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Off Road mufflers

L88 crazy

Corvette
1972 Blue T top
I am planning out the exhaust system for my future project 59 and I want to know more about the "Off Road mufflers". What do they sound like and what the inside looks like and so on. Are they just factory glasspacks or a special design? I need as much details as I can get about these mufflers.

I am planning out the exhaust system for my future project 59 and I want to know more about the "Off Road mufflers". What do they sound like and what the inside looks like and so on. Are they just factory glasspacks or a special design? I need as much details as I can get about these mufflers.
if you mean like side pipes, I have a set for my C1 that I got from Allen Exhaust out of Indiana. I will get some photos hopefully later this week to show how I am running them. I haven't heard them, but they look just like (chambered exhaust) the ones on my '64.

http://www.allencorvetteexhaustsystems.com/

56_to_62_side_pipes.jpg

I'm not sure that the currently available off road C1 mufflers are built like the originals were. If I remember right the originals have 2 straight through tubes internally. They are not glass packs. They have a unique sound that no aftermarket glasspack can duplicate. My '59 has a set of NOS GM ones on it that I bought way back when they were still available. Even though the car hasn't been started in a couple of decades I can still hear them in my mind and they are :cool

Tom

I installed a set of off road repro mufflers on my 61 they sounded great Definitely louder than stock but much nicer tone and more mellow than glass packs. I would listen to a set if possible before buying. It's very subjective, My wife said it sounded like a motorcycle.:eyerole

Mufflers

A subjective sound

Man you aint kidding

If your luckey you can hear a set ,as the mufflers that I have on my 62 I hate. From the link some one posted to allens I called today and I am going to order a set of his chamfered pipes to try and get the 62 to sound more like a muscle car then the current 50's merc sound it has now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom