Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c16 at CT concours

*89x2*

Exit 3 I95-C16 will be at this show today. Please come say Hi!!! If you are in the area.

OK, I'll bite. Which C16?

Cause ya know there are a few by now. ;)

-Luigi
:cool

How man C16s are there now? 4?

just received in the mail latest edition of Corvette Quarterly and there is another great multi-page article about the C16.....#001 again. lots of great pics.

AWESOME!!!!....

And in an official GM publication, kudos!

:beer
Time to head to Barnes & Nobles

-Luigi
:cool

I just got my copy of this from atop one of the two LARGE boxes of this publication that were sitting, ready to be inserted into "Fun-Field" bags at Carlisle - I can only hope it will be for the Corvette show there :upthumbs

That article seemed to run forever and is largely in there, due to the efforts of Jerry Burton, Editor of CQ and HUGE Callaway Corvette fan! It was at the Bowling Green Callaway show, where he hinted on what to expect - I had no idea though it would take up so many pages! :eek

Good stuff! :v

Speaking of Jerry Burton and CQ - when our Ruby car was new, it was featured during its build at the Old Lyme shop and drive to Houston with its twin - CQ convered the whole drive. Anyways, that was how I met Jerry, as he was the author of that article. Fast forward to the show in Greenwich, CT this past weekend - who did I meet... the original owners of my ruby Callaway SNAT! :cool How cool was that! I spent quite some time with the couple and they seemed pleased the car was well cared for. While they do not have a Callaway right now, who knows. Maybe a C16 could be in their future, and another CQ drive :lou

I didn't put two and two together; I was browsing autoblog's Concours D'Elegance gallery and was surprised the C16 was there. Their server has been terrible all day, but here's the only pic I can bear to wait for:
gch_day2_apn173.jpg

Anybody go to this and get any high res pics of the navy blue Miura there??? I'm REALLY interested in the photos if so!!! Please email them to me. Speedbbb at aol com. I had a friend go and he sent me a low res pic of it... got me wanting more than just a taste...
n18811766_31789405_8582.jpg

I didn't put two and two together; I was browsing autoblog's Concours D'Elegance gallery and was surprised the C16 was there. Their server has been terrible all day, but here's the only pic I can bear to wait for:
gch_day2_apn173.jpg

Anybody go to this and get any high res pics of the navy blue Miura there??? I'm REALLY interested in the photos if so!!! Please email them to me. Speedbbb at aol com. I had a friend go and he sent me a low res pic of it... got me wanting more than just a taste...

There was a Miura there?? I was there both days, and did not see it :confused

In the pic above, that BMW M1 was simply stunning. The car was VERY much like that one COTM from a few mos ago (1990 Aero Coupe) :cool

In the pic, you see Reeves w/ his back towards the lens (in the middle of the group) and the original owner of our ruby, and his wife :cool

It should also be noted, they owned C8 # 001. A red car w/ crank windows and plenty of go. The heads were hand ported on the first 15 cars vs. machining. Any guesses as to who ported them?? :confused

Whoa, C8 #1? Isn't that Anthony's car? The red convertible? Or is it the coupe with the gray, red, yellow interior from road and track? I don't remember it having crank windows but you can't tell in the pic.
c8interior.jpg

Sorry in advance for getting further off Callawatopic, but about the Miura, there were two of them there. I'm not real clear on how Concours works, but if it is two days long, the Miuras were there the first day. The "absolutely amazing" (as my friend said) navy blue one, and a red '73 Miura that was good, but not "absolutely amazing."

I'm going to be searching flickr the next few days to see if anybody got pics of the blue one. My friend said it was one of the very best cars there.

Brangeta, it was the Convertible C8, red.

Re: the Muria - I did not see either. I know that they would have more than likely been there on Sunday, as that was the Euro day vs. antique day (although some cars were there both days). I wonder where they were parked, as I would have surely noticed them :confused

There was an amazing Lamborghini Jalpa - an 84 model w/ the wing. For an 8 cyl. Lambo, it was badd azz :cool

I'm sorry, I just realized I'm a complete idiot. I overlooked the fact that the Concours in CT and California are at about the same (if not the same) time. :duh

The Miuras were in California on June 2nd. Sorry for the confusion. There was a huge Ferrari show (50+ cars I'd estimate) in Dallas/Plano that day. Any of you Texas guys go? I was there the entire four hours... apparently the sunburn has affected my brain... It was about the Dallas equivalent of Concours..sort of.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom